“Business yes, Family no”

Boston Marriott Quincy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kentville, Canada
“Business yes, Family no”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great hotel located 10 miles from downtown Boston. Easy access to the main highway into Boston. Short drive to South Shore shopping mall.
On the downside, the beds were doubles and not queens and the rooms were not large. The breakfasts were a bit pricey. But overall, a good place to stay if you are on business.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
tuirch,
It is very gracious of you to write a favorable review for the Boston Quincy Marriott. Our location can be advantageous to the business professionals or those visiting the Boston area for leisure. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
gtz1992
Reviewed August 4, 2014

What a great looking location, up high where you can see everything. The hotel restaurant was very good, we had the Prime rib with side asparagus and a baked potato simply delicious!
Room was clean.
Now what I did not like was the $13 per day parking and the $12.95 per day internet charge in your room. I can not believe in today's times we are still being charged for internet at the hotel! You are taken hostage if you have kids!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gtz1992
gtz1992,
We're elated you were able to take advantage of the Friday night Prime Rib. It's the best kept secret in town! We will continue to forward our guest opinions to Marriott and our ownership in regards to the additional charges to the room.
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed July 31, 2014

On our most recent trip to Boston we stayed at this establishment. The rooms were clean and the hotel was nice. The only negative is the rooms need some better sound barrier. We were able to hear EVERYTHING the people next door were doing all night..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mynjboys11
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Mynjboys11
We’re very appreciative and thankful for the 5 stars. I’ve shared your comments with our team on property! With the high standards now set, we’ll strive to meet your expectations each return visit to the Quincy Marriott.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

It is difficult to improve on a Hotel that has not disappointed me and when they have they have fixed the problem immediately. They really treat everyone especially the Platinum members. Imwill always return. The food selection is always great.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MLUSA
MLUSA
Thank you for understanding that mistakes happen and giving our hotel the opportunity to rectify them whenever they may have occurred. We are grateful for your loyalty and hope to have all our guests experience the service like you have.
Advance, NC
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

When can I go back?! I was ready to return the second I arrived home. I could not have selected a hotel more perfect for us. The location was the perfect distance from Boston and Hingham, the room and bathroom were a great size for us, the view was nothing short of AMAZING, the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, the shuttle made travel easy, and the cost was great!! The biggest plus was the cleanillness of everything. This was an incredibly significant trip for my friends and I. It was a trip I planned, for a very long time, as I battled Leukemia. It was what I had to look forward to, through the horrific chemo, as I fought the hardest battle of my life. It was a trip I was never supposed to be able to make, as I wasn't even expected to celebrate my April birthday. This was my remission celebration trip (I beat it!!!!) and my friends and I flew in from all over to celebrate life. I am so thankful, to the Marriott, for being all I had hoped for and more. I will be back!! There isn't anywhere else I would rather stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank nkotberin
Congratulations! We are so happy we were able to host your “remission celebration trip” with your friends and it was such a great experience at our hotel. We will see you again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Typical full-service Marriott, but as a Platinum member, the service was a little underwhelming. The front desk forgot to ask about points, where anything is, and seemed bothered that I needed to check in. When I went to leave, we were charged for parking when I rode with a colleague and I was questioned on that and had to find him and show the receipt.

The concierge lounge attendant was nice and had to deal with rude people asking if this is all they had and if they could be compensated at the hotel restaurant because of a lack of food at the lounge. Really? It's free food, people.

There's also really nothing convenient nearby far as dinner, etc. Note I'm saying this hotel is average when compared to other full-service Marriotts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Coleen W, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Adamj2281, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all reviews and we look to improve our service based on your comments. Due to our location we do offer complimentary shuttle service to the local train station, mall and Logan Express bus station which services the airport. The train is an easy commute into the city and the local mall is filled with great restaurants and shopping. I hope that your travels will bring you back to the hotel and you can utilize our shuttle services. I will be sure to share your feedback about your check in experience with our front desk staff and use it as a training tool to improve our first contact with our guests. If your travels bring you back to the Quincy area please let me know and I would be happy to assist you with reservations and ensure a flawless stay.
Glen Rock
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Founding Fathers missed a great opportunity by not establishing a Marriott franchise before they founded America. My wife and I spent four nights at the Quincy Marriott and found many of our expectations were found wanting. First, I had no issues with any of the staff, except when I asked the front desk to turn down the awful music in the lobby at 6 A.M. in the morning. It was loud and grating and no once could find the control. And speaking of the lobby, the furniture and decorations were reminiscent of the 1964 World's Fair. Extremely dated, chipped and uncomfortable seating. I was surprised there was no ventilation in the bathroom (?) and the soundproofing between rooms seemed non-existent. I could hear every conversation in the next room. I will say that the bed was extremely comfy and there was an abundance of fluffy pillows. The food in general was over priced, especially breakfast. We spent over $40 just for eggs and toast. Skip the sausage, it had the consistency of lead and seemed to have been cooked for hours. What this hotel needs is a good, on site baker to make up for the bland assortment of pastries and bread they serve. For these prices, they can afford to provide a better eating experience. Fortunately for us, we were part of a wedding package and didn't have to pay the annoying parking fees. Bottom line, every part of the Quincy Marriott is a profit center, from the extra fee for wireless in your room, to the parking and the carefully hidden price tags on the "complimentary" bottles of water in the room ($2). Who closes the hot tub on Sunday afternoon at 4 P.M.? The Quincy Marriott!

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw looked equal. Avoid rooms near the elevator or soda and ice machines.