“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Once again I had the pleasure of hosting a 2 day business meeting at the Boston Marriott Quincy. This hotel will never cease to amaze me, great staff, great service, great meeting rooms. Thanks again Marriott for a successful meeting

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I recently had an opportunity to stay at the Boston Marriott Quincy for 2 days and it was such a pleasure. I arrived to be greeted by Mike at the front door, he assisted my family with our bags to the front desk. The desk staff had me checked in within 4 minutes with 2 rooms and even keyed both rooms alike for my children. I travel often for business and it's important to be comfortable to be effective. Our rooms were spotless, we had extra towels and the room service was promt and friendly, thanks Doris. The pool was a great addition to the trip, the kids loved it and I was so impressed that many of the staff would greet us by name when they passed us in the hotel. Thanks to the entire staff for helping me to combine business and pleasure for a great visit to the Boston area

1 Thank Mike C
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stay here 2-3 times a year when visiting family. It was a no-brainer to make the reservation from my trip in Feb. I will get a brain next time.

I stayed four nights. The first day of my stay, they failed to clean my room. When I called down at 7:30 pm to explain my room hadn't been cleaned and could I get some towels, there was no "I'm really sorry, we'll be right up" - it was, OK, some towels, some day. I waited so long I went down to the pool to get towels. They did eventually arrive. But long after the call.

The beds are horrible. After 4 nights, I could barely walk. The mattresses slip off the box spring - my kids never even jumped on them. Soft as a marshmallow. I just don't remember that from prior visits, but then,I never spent 4 nights before - 3 at most.

The Pool Nazi has to go. There are signs everywhere claiming you are on your own. There is a person watching over the gym with a view to the pool. Everytime my kids giggled, she was in reprimanding them for something or other. Really? there was no one else in the pool, and if Marriott says I'm in charge, well, back off Pool Nazi.

Room service was 10 minutes beyond the promised time - again - no acknowledgement of bad execution.

Net, after 3 years, my next trip to Boston will not include this hotel. It was inexpensive as Boston hotels go, but clean towels and restful leisure time count for something.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jpeacott
Jason H, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you for taking the time to write useful feedback about your recent visit to the hotel. I am very sorry that you experienced issues during your stay. I know how very important housekeeping service and timeliness execution of requests for items, as well as meals. I will be using this feedback to further train our associates on customer service and how every interaction is important.

There have been no changes to our mattresses since our full rooms renovation in 2011, where we upgraded our mattresses to a Serta Perfect Sleeper, Corporate Suite Plush, Two-Sided Easy Flip. Our hotel does have bed boards available for guest use, if in the future you feel the bed is too soft. I hope this information is helpful and thanks again for the feedback. We hope you give us another chance.

Jason Horonzy, Director of Hotel Operations-Rooms
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My parents stayed here when the power outage in their home stretched out several days after Nemo. From reservation to check-in to room service, everyone helped me get them there and situated in a warm room with hot food from room service. In addition, they were able to arrange an extremely early check-in, for which we were all grateful. I understand there were earlier problems with their backup generator, but I can't say enough about our own experience, and certainly would like to compliment all Marriott employees for their help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been waiting to stay at this hotel for a while and I must say I am very shocked about their service! The room was very clean I love the color schemes as well as setup. My housekeeper who cleaned my room was great, the housekeeping that brought my fridge, blankets, pillows, and body wash was not so great. They knock dont say housekeeping I opened the door they didnt say hi how are you or anything just gave the stuff and took the tip everytime! The room service guy was amazing so polite and he conversed with us even when our order was messed up he brought the correted order up within 5 minutes. AYS and FRONT DESK was the worst of them all the ays never answers the phone called 3 to 4 times before an answer then when I call they arent pleasant dont state their names or anything terrible terrible service.The front desk agents are very dull dont acknowledge the guests I walked by 3 times even said hi to one agent she said nothing back I was shocked! Idk if these associates love working for Marriott or love their jobs I cant tell. I am very displeased all the other Marriotts ive stayed at have been amazing. This hotel needs major improvements in the associate area. The restaurant was amazing server amazing food excellant. I wont stay here again! The service of the hotel starts at the front desk and ays they made this hotel experience a terrible stay!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jason H, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer us feedback from your recent visit to the hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your housekeeping service, as well as the restaurant and room service associates. On the other hand, I am very sorry that you did not receive the same level of service from guest reception.

We strive to exceed every guest’s expectations and will utilize this valuable feedback as a training tool. I hope that in your future travels you are able to stay at the Boston Marriott Quincy, as I am positive you will have a better stay. Thanks again for the feedback.

Jason Horonzy
Director of Hotel Operations - Rooms
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Top of the hill views of Quincy and beyond are spectacular. Great clean rooms and spectacular service. Bar has very friendly staff, and prices are decent. Parking is easy, though can come with a $12 a day charge (the eliminated the charge during our recent stay due to the snow from winter storm Nemo). Quiet rooms with very comfortable bedding (all down).

TIP: Check out the concierge room for breakfast on the 9th floor, talk about spectacular views while your dining, WOW!

Room Tip: TIP: Check out the concierge room for breakfast on the 9th floor, talk about spectacular views whil...
Holbrook, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

If your travel plans require you to be in the Quincy area, as was the case for me and a couple of co-workers this week, this place may be for you (though they put Boston in the title, it is really inconvenient). This Marriott seems to be very new. Let's go through the basics:

Friendly and fast check in >>> Yes
Spotlessly clean room and bath >>> Yes
Fresh clean linens >>> Yes
Comfortable bed and room furnishings >>> Yes
Quiet >>> Yes

The room was very comfortable, fresh and modern. It was a little on the pricey side but it is in a business oriented area and is not terribly far from Boston. The biggest negative I can say has to do with the WiFi. First, I always hate paying for this.... especially in a biz oriented hotel and this cost point (which was fairly high). Second, the only thing worse than paying for internet service is to find it is absolutely, awful slow. I mean like dial up modem slow. Despite paying for the WiFi, I ended up using my cell phone as a wireless hotspot which offered outstanding 4G networking. Sure... if I had the time and the energy, I am sure I could have gotten the hotel to strike the $13 fee from my bill.

My business partner and I both noted that our rooms each seemed to be on the cold side. We each turned up the heat but the room did not heat up the way I would have expected. I mean with the thermostat at 74 deg in my room, the room should have been toasty. I suppose this is a good thing but you can hardly hear the fan from the heating/AC so it was hard to tell if it was working. Not sure what was going on there.

Nice breakfast buffet and not ridiculously expensive. I especially appreciate the fresh breads and pastry... I hate the pre-packaged crap they serve at the "express" hotels. Not the best breakfast buffet but not bad at all.

All in all... if you are in the Quincy area for business and can swing the room charge, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mitchm11741
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!