“Great customer service”

Boston Marriott Quincy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My parents stayed here when the power outage in their home stretched out several days after Nemo. From reservation to check-in to room service, everyone helped me get them there and situated in a warm room with hot food from room service. In addition, they were able to arrange an extremely early check-in, for which we were all grateful. I understand there were earlier problems with their backup generator, but I can't say enough about our own experience, and certainly would like to compliment all Marriott employees for their help.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Boston Marriott Quincy

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been waiting to stay at this hotel for a while and I must say I am very shocked about their service! The room was very clean I love the color schemes as well as setup. My housekeeper who cleaned my room was great, the housekeeping that brought my fridge, blankets, pillows, and body wash was not so great. They knock dont say housekeeping I opened the door they didnt say hi how are you or anything just gave the stuff and took the tip everytime! The room service guy was amazing so polite and he conversed with us even when our order was messed up he brought the correted order up within 5 minutes. AYS and FRONT DESK was the worst of them all the ays never answers the phone called 3 to 4 times before an answer then when I call they arent pleasant dont state their names or anything terrible terrible service.The front desk agents are very dull dont acknowledge the guests I walked by 3 times even said hi to one agent she said nothing back I was shocked! Idk if these associates love working for Marriott or love their jobs I cant tell. I am very displeased all the other Marriotts ive stayed at have been amazing. This hotel needs major improvements in the associate area. The restaurant was amazing server amazing food excellant. I wont stay here again! The service of the hotel starts at the front desk and ays they made this hotel experience a terrible stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
Jason H, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer us feedback from your recent visit to the hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your housekeeping service, as well as the restaurant and room service associates. On the other hand, I am very sorry that you did not receive the same level of service from guest reception.

We strive to exceed every guest’s expectations and will utilize this valuable feedback as a training tool. I hope that in your future travels you are able to stay at the Boston Marriott Quincy, as I am positive you will have a better stay. Thanks again for the feedback.

Jason Horonzy
Director of Hotel Operations - Rooms

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Top of the hill views of Quincy and beyond are spectacular. Great clean rooms and spectacular service. Bar has very friendly staff, and prices are decent. Parking is easy, though can come with a $12 a day charge (the eliminated the charge during our recent stay due to the snow from winter storm Nemo). Quiet rooms with very comfortable bedding (all down).

TIP: Check out the concierge room for breakfast on the 9th floor, talk about spectacular views while your dining, WOW!

Room Tip: TIP: Check out the concierge room for breakfast on the 9th floor, talk about spectacular views whil...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

If your travel plans require you to be in the Quincy area, as was the case for me and a couple of co-workers this week, this place may be for you (though they put Boston in the title, it is really inconvenient). This Marriott seems to be very new. Let's go through the basics:

Friendly and fast check in >>> Yes
Spotlessly clean room and bath >>> Yes
Fresh clean linens >>> Yes
Comfortable bed and room furnishings >>> Yes
Quiet >>> Yes

The room was very comfortable, fresh and modern. It was a little on the pricey side but it is in a business oriented area and is not terribly far from Boston. The biggest negative I can say has to do with the WiFi. First, I always hate paying for this.... especially in a biz oriented hotel and this cost point (which was fairly high). Second, the only thing worse than paying for internet service is to find it is absolutely, awful slow. I mean like dial up modem slow. Despite paying for the WiFi, I ended up using my cell phone as a wireless hotspot which offered outstanding 4G networking. Sure... if I had the time and the energy, I am sure I could have gotten the hotel to strike the $13 fee from my bill.

My business partner and I both noted that our rooms each seemed to be on the cold side. We each turned up the heat but the room did not heat up the way I would have expected. I mean with the thermostat at 74 deg in my room, the room should have been toasty. I suppose this is a good thing but you can hardly hear the fan from the heating/AC so it was hard to tell if it was working. Not sure what was going on there.

Nice breakfast buffet and not ridiculously expensive. I especially appreciate the fresh breads and pastry... I hate the pre-packaged crap they serve at the "express" hotels. Not the best breakfast buffet but not bad at all.

All in all... if you are in the Quincy area for business and can swing the room charge, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mitchm11741
Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you are going to Boston on vacation this is NOT the hotel to stay in, the location is horrible for those who want to go back and forth into the city. However if you are in Quincy on business, stay here because the hotel itself is WONDERFUL! The beds are some of the most comfortable anywhere, and the staff is helpful.

If you are Marriott rewards elite member, the concierge room has great breakfast and also great appetizers in the evening.

The hotel is located on top of a big rock, so you are kind of isolated, and not much within walking distance. They do operate a shuttle several times a day to bring you into places to eat in Quincy (some great italian joints) and also to the mall. They say they will shuttle you to the train station, however its not really true... everytime I have done it (about 5 times), they have no showed me coming home and I have had to pay for a cab, so be careful about that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jarod M
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

It sits atop a hill and you can see it, but it is going through a maze trying to reach it. Very difficult... Even the gps was confused. Nice view from our room. Weird to pay for parking in such an out of the way place. Our stay was brief and I would probably not stay again unless I had business in Quincy, even though the hotel was nice.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank mrs b
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and my only complaint is the price of breakfast. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the hotel is very well kept. The staff was friendly and attentive to any request. It was a really good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Howard Johnson Quincy
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!