“Pay to park” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
MA
“Pay to park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We have been going here for the last five years. We have always been satisfied. It is located in a corporate park not directly in the city. You pass empty parking lots to get there. They started charging parking and have already raised the price once. It really is annoying. I get it but really? It's like paying for a piece of luggage on a plane. You want to take a carry-on just to make a point.

Maybe it's time to pay slightly more to park and stay in the city. Which is why we are there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachtherapy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stay at the Marriott Quincy 2-3 times a year for adoption reunions with 3-4 other families, all with children from China. We have never had a bad stay and return time and again because the rooms are great, the service is good and the kids love it, especially the pool. Recently, the rooms were refurbished and the new decor is lovely! So I have upgraded our rating from 4 stars to 5 stars. We eat dinner as a large group in the restaurant every night and the staff are always terrific at taking care of us. The menu -- while not extensive -- has something for every one and the food is well made. We love staying at this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband & I, a normal middle-aged couple, stayed here on March 16th & 17th while attending a family reunion. Our function took place outside the hotel. When we returned after our party Saturday night we weren't in our room 10 seconds and there was a knock on the door. We answered to find 3 security guards in our face telling us they had noise complaints about us. We tried to explain that we had been out all night so whoever was making noise it couldn't have been us. The female guard became belligerant and concerned with "my attitude" when confronted with this information. As soon as my husband mentioned that we would be posting this information on Tripadvisor they scattered like roaches. It is our assumption that the security force thought we were with one of the several wedding parties taking place at the hotel that night who we noticed were also being unnecisarily harrased by security. They had no music playing, were in one of the ballrooms just talking why was security giving them a hard. I'm sure glad I didn't have my wedding at this place. They are not wedding friendly. Upon our checkout on Sunday we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay and when we expressed our displeasure We asked for the name of the General Manager and were met with an eye roll and not told his name but the clerk just walked in the back and came back several minutes later with a business card naming Tom Elwood as the GM. Unless you like Big Brother watching your every move and accusing you of things that happened when you weren't even on the property DON'T STAY HERE!!!! I know we'll never make that mistake again

Room Tip: Choose a better hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank BjQuinn
Tiverton RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We spent a weekend here for a family event in the Boston area. Lovely hotel, excellent service. We requested a top floor room with city view and they were able to give us both. Incredible view. They do charge $9/day for parking, but it was very convenient. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: You want a high room with a city view. The corner rooms are larger, but we wanted two double beds...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Nice location just outside of Boston. Beautiful rooms with a fantastic Gym and Concierge Lounge (best I've ever seen at a Marriott). Great property to hold a sales meeting at as this is one of the few Marriott properties that is not at a resort that you could handle not leaving the grounds for a few days. Food & Beverage was excellent. Bars had nice beer on tap and the food selection was outstanding. Not so much a family hotel or one that is close to a number of restaurants but that was not my intention by staying here. Making sales calls, getting a good meal and workout was and this property did not disappoint!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BigDaveB10
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and had a good stay. The hotel is what you would expect from a Marriott- nice clean rooms, helpful staff, nice beds and bedding. The restaurants were nice, but a bit on the pricey side. There is an airport shuttle service that runs from the hotel for $59. The hotel is not walking distance to anything, so if you don't have a car there is nowhere to go but the hotel restaurants. The one negative about my stay was that the person in the room next to me had the TV on 24 hours a day, and I could definitely hear it. Other than that, this hotel was very good, and I would return for business.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christian377
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for two months in December 2011. My frustration with the hotel came early when I took the metro from the airport to the hotel. I had called the hotel a fews day before to check that the shuttle could pick me up from the metro station, but when I got to Quincy, I was told that I had gotten off at the wrong Quincy station, and then had to wait for another train to get to the right stop. It then took twenty minutes for them to pick me up.

The hotel itself was nice. Rooms functional. I requested a quiet room and got one on the seventh floor with a decent view. The workout room (and the staff who worked there) was quite nice. Good equipment. Swimming pool.

Had dinner the first night in the bar. Food was good, price a bit high. After I got the hang of how things worked I was able to get a shuttle to the local mall the next night and do some shopping and shuttle returned to pick me up later.

If you stay here, be persistent and ask questions regarding the transportation they provide. Some staff are more helpful than others. Even though others have complained about paying for parking, this hotel is in an awkward location to be if you don't have a car or are not assertive in getting the hotel to provide the services they say they have on their website.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!