“Great Pinoy Food in MA!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: whatscooking@jnjturoturo.com 617 471 8876
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Pinoy Food in MA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We go to JnJ once a month since we moved to MA. The restaurant is next to SurePinoy which is very convenient when we do our Filipino grocery shopping monthly. I always order my to go before going to the grocery and pick it up after.

My favorite are: dinuguan, fried tilapia, lechon kawali and sinigang! I order 2 or 3 dishes and JnJ never turned me down. This is how I satisfy my craving for Filipino food, from JnJ.

The place is always packed every time we go there, that means the food is delicious! I have no complaint about the amount of serving, a small order is good for my 2 meals except the lechon kawali serving but I have no complaint, next time I will order 1 up size.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tikbalang

Virginia
“Filipino Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food here seemed to be about as authentic as you're going to find in North America. Great pork adobo, lumpiang shanghai, and pancit bihon.

The staff were all friendly and will take the time to explain each menu item to all the gringos.

They have a fantastic selection of Pinoy goods in the market connected to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank manilapacman
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good value + decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

The SO (Significant Other) and I stopped by there last night for a quick bite on the way to the Cape.
The SO is Philipino and commented that the place was much like those in other Philipino communities in NY and California - warm and friendly and unpretentious .It was also extremely clean and spotless. The service did not disappoint either - friendly and efficient from the young man and woman.
The barbequed pork was flavorful and the Kare-Kare (Beef) had a yummy sauce.which though not a good as the SO's mother (per the SO) was tasty.The Lumpia Shanghai was also good. The Pansit Bihon (steamed vermicelli w/veg) was the not so terrific menu choice we made - too much vinegar .
The pprices were inexppensive and we'd definitely return.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank SoEndBear
“Worth the drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Decent sisig, good lechun kawali, friendly atmosphere. It's a cozy little place with about five tables. It's next to a nice little pinoy grocery story as well. If you want to try Filipino food out in Boston, this is probably the only place you can go. But that doesn't make it bad. It was very clean and inviting for such a very small place. Don't think of it as much more than someone cooking for you out of their kitchen and you'll like it fine. Prices are a bit high but well within reason.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Tom L
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overpriced and tasteless food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

First of, our server was so unfriendly, she did not even crack a smile. She left the plates and serving ware in the middle of our table. After a few minutes, I figured she wasn't going back to arrange them so I decided to do it myself. There was no greetings what so ever. We ordered eggrolls and for the price, it was not worth it. They were so tiny and there were barely any filling at all. There were 4pieces for $4.95 which is $1.25 per piece. They are so tiny it's even smaller than a regular bite!

The food are so small and the rice doesn't come with it. You have to order rice and they are again, overpriced. They are lacking meat, vegetables therefore, NO TASTE!

Forget Halo-Halo (dessert). TASTELESS!!!!

I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

I would like to support my fellow Filipinos, but this place....NEVER! It's a shame to call it a Filipino Restaurant.

5 Thank FellowPI

Been to JnJ Turo Turo? Share your experiences!