“Terrible!!!”

Gennaro's Eatery
Ranked #10 of 275 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I got the cheese ravioli with meatballs and I was very disappointed. There was barely any cheese in the raviolis and the meatballs were plain. I took one bite of the meatballs and that was it. They had absolutely no taste. I forced myself to eat the "RAVIOLI" because I didn't want to be rude. They tasted like they were reheated and NOT homemade. I did take a to go bag with me because the staff was nice but to make my point as to how bad this place was.....I threw my to go bag in the trash right outside the front door. Do not go here!

PS - also the tables were not separated so it made it look like a cafeteria and made for an uncomfortable atmosphere. I wouldn't want to sit next to somebody I don't know.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jenny M

Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We eat almost weekly at Gennaro's, and have never been disappointed. They have a very simple formula - good food, in good portions, at good prices. And it's served by a friendly, helpful staff. What else is there??

• Visited September 2013
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Frequent Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The best Italian food in Quincy. The Pumpkin Ravioli is the best dish, but there are also a variety of other great choices. It's so hard to choose, but everything is great with a little Italian wine!

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Will never go back!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I were regulars at Gennaro's up until 2 years ago when we had noticed many changes and not for the better. Today we decided to try it again hoping that things got better. The first sign should of been that we were able to get a parking spot in their parking lot (we use to have to park across the street and walk over because of the crowd.) Next sign should of been that we were seated right away and that the dining area had many empty tables (before it was always packed!) We ordered our food and the waitress remembered us which was nice as the waitstaff has always been very nice. Our salad and food came together. The waitress apologized saying the food was cooked rather quickly. I had the chicken broccoli and ziti. The chicken was a few little chunks of thigh meat not white chicken breast or tenders. It was fatty and dark with no flavor. The ziti was partially cooked and seemed to be reheated in the microwave as it was hard and crunchy. The broccoli which was about 2 pieces was very tough. My husband had the chicken parm w/gnocchi. The gnocchi was over cooked and the sauce had no real flavor. On our way out I asked the girl behind the counter near the pastry area a question and she couldn't have been any ruder. We decided right then and there we will never go back!! We were wondering if possibly there are new owners especially since we didn't see the owner who usually is always there.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Kat66_13
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Real homestyle Italian Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Parking is difficult but you can use local streets.Always a full house but once you are seated the service is rapid and courteous.The portions are large and done very well,thinking about the food as I write this makes me hungry.We have had lunch and dinner there,ordered food to take out
and a large variety such as linguine with garlic&oil,white clam sauce,lemon chicken,lasagna.
The wine list is fairly priced and adequate,oh and the bread and rolls are good [one of my pet peeves is bad bread]

• Visited March 2013

Been to Gennaro's Eatery? Share your experiences!