“Great place!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Awesome restaurant! Pricing is great; the seafood was fresh and very tasty; waterfront atmosphere was perfect. Our family of 4 gives it thumbs up!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stopped here around 5:30 - 6:00 on a weekday night. Saw the Trip Advisor reviews and had already parked on the beach within sight of the shop. Thought about eating outside since the weather was great but decided against it because of the very strong smell from the beach at low tide. Also the traffic was heavy at that time and noisy. Order your food at the counter, pick a table and wait for your number to be called.
Ordered the whole belly clams and my wife ordered the lobster roll. At $19.95 I thought what I got was overpriced. Lots of fries on the plate with a decent amount of clams. They were OK. I have to say I've had better for less money.
On the other hand the lobster roll was huge. Lots of lobster with little or no filler. Could not finish it all and brought left overs home for snack. The lobster roll was definitely the better dish. However the price tag of $19.95 also pushed the limits. My advice - bring lots of money and order the lobster roll.

1  Thank ctree31
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I guess Wallaston Beach is in Quincy. The restaurant slip does not mention Quincy.

If you drive a bit fast, you will miss the narrow well hidden driveway, and will have to turn around about half miles up. So, when you see the Clam Box, slow down. The driveway for Tony's is a few feet away.

We had fried clams, scallops, and seafood platters. Very good, you better like French fries because more than half of each platter were fries, wished they put less fries and more sea foods on the plates. Yes, the cole slaw was a bit watery. We had five platters and two sodas, total more than $121. The price and the fries knocked a star off the review.

Didn't see the signs for lobster rolls and steam clams until too late. Well, may be next time.

2  Thank HankCalifornia
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food was very good. We ate outside with a beautiful view of wallaston beach in Quincy. There was a great selection of seafood and u could get a burger if you wanted. They also serve beer and wine

1  Thank KathyGibson
Reviewed July 29, 2014

It was good. Took way to long to get our food. Cole Slaw was way to watery, I like cole slaw that isnt soaking in dressing. As for the clams they were good but I have had better At the Clam Box in Ipswich, MA. Bellies were average size and I prefer bigger ones. But some people might LOVE this place.