I stayed here for five nights in early June, in both the Stenna Nordica section and Mizzentop. The rooms are very comfortable and the pool/spa is great. There were some problems--it seems a lot of school tours happen this time of year. One night about 8 carloads of families with young kids arrived and used the parking lot as a playground and mobbed the pool/spa. The next night a busload of teenagers arrived and were extremely noisy. The same night the hotel's boiler broke and there was no hot water. I talked to the front desk about this the next morning, and they immediately apologized and upgraded me to a beautiful 4th floor suite in Mizzentop, no questions asked, for the remainder of my trip.
Although I can't afford to stay here in the peak season, this place is a great deal in the spring and late fall. And the staff is extraordinary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA rated hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 Classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine