Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$104
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$89
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$139
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
Quimby House Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$90
$139
Travelocity
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$500
Travelocity
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
Orbitz.com
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$109
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
$179
Hotwire.com
1,010 results
All reviewslooking glass restaurantgreat roompiano playermassage chairthe stenna nordica buildingindoor poolfrenchman's baymain buildinggas fireplaceprivate balconydouble sinksin townfourth flooracadia national parkking suitehot tubcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Bangor ME
Reviewed August 30, 2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in July a busy time for Bar Harbor(from what I have heard). The staff at this hotel were first class all the way. Kent at the front desk was willing to go out of his way to help us with everything that we needed. Collin in the Great Room (the bar on property) always had a smile on his face. The Artistry of Bill Trowel what more can I say, willing to play any song with a moments notice. My wife and I will see all of you again in the fall, we plan to make this our home away from home.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed August 6, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this property for his birthday. We selected a package rate and our room was in the Stena Nordica building. This building is a motel building. We chose to stay in Stena Nordica because we knew we wouldn't be spending too much time in our room. I think that the rates for these rooms are too high. The view overlooking Frenchman's bay is breathtaking. Our package included breakfast and dinner. While the food was good, the service for our first breakfast and dinner was appaling. Maybe the waitstaff needed a day off, but considering the amount of money we spent, I was underwhelmed.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
East Windsor, CT
Reviewed August 4, 2005

We booked this hotel last minute based on Trip Advisor Reviews. The only complaint I had was that for $229 a night, I expected a lot more. It was very clean, very well appointed hotel room, but it didn't seem like anything to write home about. It's not right on the ocean like I imagined - (see the view from room 225 in the attached photos), the foot traffic above us was noisy, the room was a standard hotel/motel room size, and the hot tub was barely warm. And we ended up driving into town each night rather than walking the distance along the busy road. There were good things too, like lots of cable channels, chairs outside the rooms which were a great place to just sit outside and relax (which lots of people in the building seemed to be doing), immaculately clean, with nice people and nice pools. I think Mizzentop must be the AAA 4 Diamond-rated building though - not Stenna.

Overall, it was a great place, but overpriced.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2005

Stayed 3 nights at the Bluenose Inn for our 25th wedding anniversery. Kids came with us and had their own room. We stayed in the most expensive end room and generally had a good stay. However, the rooms lack any attempt to make the experience warm and unique. The very large room was so large it looked poorly proportioned and should have been split into a separate bedroom with a wall and door. Even though the room was very large, there was no place to go if one person wanted to watch TV and the other wanted to read. Even the bathroom sinks were part of the large room. The pools inside and out were quite cold even though the days were hot and the pools "heated". Dinner at the Rose room restaurant was fine if too expensive and uninteresting. It was a 5 block walk to town which was not fun in the heat and a long uphill going back. For the price, I'll go somewhere else next time.

10  Thank GoIndians
Reviewed July 20, 2005

My new wife and I checked into the Bluenose Inn to enjoy our honeymoon! And, did we ever!! The complimentary champagne in ice bucket ( handmade stoneware we were to keep!!)and lovely note from the staff made our honeymoon start out with a wonderful welcome! It was absolutely the most magnificent room and awesome view! Our housekeeper even referred to us by name and congratulated us!! My goodness!! We felt like royalty! Dinner at the Rose Garden was all we expected, and more! Chef Carlos created dinner fit for a King and his Queen! Service was incredible!! We had a spectular time and will return! Thank you Bluenose Inn!!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member