The Bluenose Inn (it's more of a hotel than inn) has a beautiful view and a good location basically in between Acadia and Bar Harbor so a convenient 5-ish minute drive to either place. There is a main building that has the check-in and several stories of rooms and then a separate building on the property that I stayed in which is called the Stenna Nordica. The actual room was clean and ok (decor is very floral-not especially modern and could use updating), the bed was very comfortable and I loved the keurig in the room. However, enjoying the view while in the room is difficult since the rooms are all lined up facing outside like an old school motel. People walk right in front of your room (your window) to get to and from their room and the parking lot so if your curtains are open they could see right into your room and you hear their conversations. I felt most comfortable keeping the curtains closed when I was in the room so couldn't get the benefit of the view. The restaurant on the property (up 2 steep walks but they will drive you in a golf cart) has an incredible view but was quite expensive. I wouldn't stay in the Stenna Nordica again but would consider the main building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA rated hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 Classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine