The room had a spectacular view, it was clean and beds were comfortable. There was room for all of us to spread out with our suitcases. The air conditioner didn't work to get room as comfortable as we would like but it did cool it down some. As typical of almost every hotel I've stayed at, even though my reservation was for 4 people, only two sets of towels were provided. Quickly remedied but I get irritated by the constant need to request adequate supplies from most hotels. Pools and spa were clean and nice to use and it was nice having an indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool.
The bathroom & sink were rather cramped and a mix of nice amenities and cheap replacements...such as having a real mug in which to make coffee, but again, only one mug provided. Toilet paper roll holder was plastic and towel holder was builder grade cheap stainless. Didn't match the older charming features.
It was odd having fridge under bathroom sink (outside of toilet & tub area) but still awkward to use. A little noisier than expected due to exterior entries (people walking past talking). Nice to have two chairs outside room to sit in for coffee or drink while enjoying the view of the Bay.
Don't recommend the restaurant - Looking Glass. Dirty, some servers excellent training others not so great. Had purchased package with Hotel that included some meals and would not do that again. Mistake because there are so many dining options available that would have been more reasonable and likely cleaner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA rated hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 Classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine