Stayed at the Bluenose for three nights - September 5-8, 2013. The double room (125) was perfectly maintained and I was impressed with the cleanliness and appearance of the entire facility. I previously read reviews about problems with the AC units, however, I found the one in my room to be brand new and a European type model - located near ceiling - and it worked well and was quiet. The location of the refrigerator under the bathroom vanity was a bit odd and the orientation of the safe was awkward but neither detracted from the room. The view was very good and if you can get a room on the second or third level, the view is even better. Cruise ships could be seen entering the harbor in the distance. Keep in mind that even though the elevators and entries are "indoors" there is no interior hallway and all rooms face out with an "outdoor" walkway. The Keurig Coffee machine was nice but I found it easier to get the coffee from the free coffee dispenser at the end of the hall by the building entrance - it was always available.
The only negative aspect of the hotel is that it is a far walk to "downtown" and after dark is frankly very "dark"..... I never tried it and drove back and forth.....I did not eat at the hotel restaurant since I wanted to try the local Lobster Pounds and restaurants.....proximity to Acadia National Park is great and the hotel is on the main route (Rt. 3) into town.
Finally, the indoor pool is excellent and one of the best indoor pools I have ever been to. There are large open windows and a lot of light plus an elegant chandelier/pillared interior. The hot tub was very hot but the size of the pool was great. There was no overwhelming chlorine smell etc. which you usually find with indoor pools, and it ranged from 4 to 8 feet.....the pool was actually larger than the outdoor pool......
I would not hesitate to re book if I am in the area.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA rated hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 Classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine