“Wow”

Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is excellent, however I did have to upgrade to a suite overlooking Frenchman Bay, but it was worth the extra cost. The hotel is located in a prime location within easy drive to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. They however don't have a restaurant in the hotel building and it takes a 10 minute stroll up a steep hill to get to the separate restaurant. The restaurant is however quite good even though the serving staff had no clue about the wines on their menu, they were however very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for, at an extra cost for a room overlooking Frenchman Bay on the main building fo...

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Earlier this year, my wife, mother, mother-in-law, four friends, and I, celebrated my mother-in-law's 90th birthday at the Bluenose. The cleanliness of the rooms, service, and friendliness of the staff has remained the same. It’s phenomenal!! The delivery of sparkling cider and a birthday card to my mother-in-law from the hotel, made the celebration extra special. Incidentally, we celebrated her 80th birthday at the Bluenose as well. Bill Trowel’s piano music in the "Great Room," has been a very large part of our many return visits.

Through the years my family and friends have enjoyed numerous anniversaries, birthdays, and get away weekends at the Bluenose. We have had friends from out of state join us for weekends at the Blue Nose, always knowing everything would be exceptional and feeling pride to recommend such a unique place.

Rodney Duplisea
Bangor ME

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
TheBluenoseInn, Marketing at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

It's an honor to share even one special occasion with a guest, we are so appreciative of you sharing many such events with us! We are all so proud of The Bluenose and the beautiful area in which we are located and delighted to help you have the most positive experience possible. It's high praise indeed for you to choose to share Acadia with friends & family while staying at The Bluenose. As always, we are looking forward to your next visit! Thank you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The location is great. Not right near busy Main St but a 2 min car drive away. I can't say enough about the view (get a Mizzentop room on the 4th floor) and the service. The wonderful restaurant (Looking Glass) is a short walk up a hill, but they provide a shuttle back and forth in case walking in the mist/fog/rain is not your thing. The rooms are huge and very clean. The staff is more than willing to help.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, it's so helpful to hear about the things our guests enjoy and ways in which we need to improve. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay-the views are all excellent but, you are correct, it doesn't get much better than the 4th floor of our Mizzentop building! I will pass your compliments along to the rest of the staff and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We checked into the hotel on Oct 1 and the room was nice and the view was great. My wife was not feeling well and I had to be in town by seven so I went to the piano bar to see if I could get her something to eat before I left. They had hamburger for $11 on the menu which was fine so I ask if I could take it up to my room and they said yes. When I went to pay the charge was $17. They said there was a service charge since I was talking it to the room. If I had not told them I was taking it to my room and just carried it up there it would have been $11. After that I spent no more money at this hotel we chose not to eat at there resterant I hope the $5 covered that.
I was not going to write this up I was going to tell them when I checked out. I went to check out and to get some coffee in the lobby. They were out of coffee and when I told the front desk girl we were checking out she just said ok and didn't bother to ask how our stay was.

2  Thank BAllison
hospitality04609, Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent trip to the hotel. I deeply apologize for the mistake that was made. Our policy is to never charge the guest a service charge if the delivery is not made to the room. The staff member for whatever reason just made a mistake. I would welcome the opportunity to send you the $6 if you would contact me. As you probably have seen through the Trip Advisor comments, we are indeed very service oriented. We simply did handle this properly and we are sorry.
Jim Ash
General Manager & Co-Owner

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Bluenose Inn was a perfect experience for our Northeast stay - Two mid-fifties couples traveling the East Coast from Connecticut to Bar Harbor. The Bluenose Inn was wonderful - from sitting on the front porch of the room enjoying the views to sitting by the fireplace listening to the piano music...we enjoyed every minute of our stay! Breakfast in the restaurant was both delicious and scenic. Would definitely want to stay here again! Thanks Bluenose Inn - the Higgins and the Grundmeyers had a wonderful visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm delighted you chose The Bluenose as the Bar Harbor stop of your coastal journey! Bill Trowell has been adding to the ambiance in the Great Room with his piano playing for 16 seasons-I'm glad you enjoyed hearing him play. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope you'll visit us again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Blue Nose is conveniently located and within minimal walking distance to the town of Bar Harbor. My husband and I loved our room, which was located on the third floor. We had a gas fireplace and a balcony that overlooked Frenchman's Bay. The view was simply spectacular and a pleasure to wake up to each morning! The staff were very accommodating, friendly and responsive to all our needs. The manager was very personable as well and we were able to meet him the one evening at the wine and cheese meet and greet. And of course we can't forget the wonderful cookies they had waiting for us every evening. All in all, a very nice place to relax while you are vacationing in Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBluenoseInn, Marketing at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

I'm delighted we made you feel welcome, it's always our goal to meet the needs of guests and it's lovely to hear about it when we succeed! I'm also glad you enjoyed the area, your room, the view and, of course, the delicious afternoon cookies. Thank you for your comments and we hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

a nice place only a few minutes walk from the town of Bar Harbor. A big hotel, friendly staff and large rooms with stunning views. Ample parking for your car. If i travel to Bar Harbor again, i would stay at the Blue Nose again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at The Bluenose! It's a wonderful compliment that you want to visit us again. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you soon.