Having never been to Bar Harbor/Acadia before, we relied heavily on TripAdvisor reviews. And once again, we were steered in the right direction. The Bluenose is just outside of the center of town, which, during Labor Day weekend, is a great place to be. Bar Harbor gets busy, so being able to slip away from town at the end of each evening, off to a quieter location, way up on a hill overlooking Frenchman Bay, is perfect. We spent four nights here, in a suite on the 4th (top) floor of the main building (there is a main building and a back building). The suite was very comfortable and quiet, with a balcony overlooking the bay. It comes equipped with a small fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker, which are always nice to have. We didn't eat at the Looking Glass, but we did walk up the hill to see it, and it's clear that it provides the best dining views in the region. Special thanks to Chelsea, who helped us get the perfect room, and who provided us with all the "must see/must do" placed and activities for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA rated hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 Classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine