“Great treats”

Mount Dessert Bakery
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Bar Harbor
Reviewed September 19, 2017

After a long day of hiking, grabbing a few of their cupcakes was a special treat for our weary feet. Okay, so maybe our feet were still sore, but we felt better! Great place with a friendly staff

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

So glad we found this little bakery. The focaccia sandwiches were great and the kids really enjoyed their lemon meringue pie. We also enjoyed the banana and choc chip cake and apple brownie.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We had some pumpkin bread, blueberry tart and chocolate banana bread. All wee excellent!
If I lived nearby, I would stop here daily!

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We are becoming regulars in Bar Harbor given that 2 of our 3 children attend the College of Atlantic and our youngest will most likely attend in 2018. On our frequent trips to Bar Harbor, we have quickly discovered our favorite restuarants and those we stay away from. The Mount Dessert Bakery is on our list of favorites. Before heading home we stopped in for a cup of coffee and a pastry, The display case had so many wonderful choices, we couldn't help but sample several. The thick slice of pumpkin chocolate chip bread was moist and still warm from the oven. The blueberry tart was flaky and the center was filled with cream cheese and fresh Maine blueberries. We couldn't resist the warm pumpkin donut balls and to wash it all down a cup of freshly brewed coffee. We ate our treats in the side room which was clean and comfortable. The bakery offers free wifi too. I can't wait for my next trip to Bar Harbor so I can sample more. I hear from my son that the Foccacia bread is the best on MDI.

1  Thank kksano
Reviewed August 13, 2017

We tried Mount Dessert Bakery on our annual trip to Maine this year. The service was fast both times we stopped by the bakery. Prices were reasonable. We had the sticky toffee pudding, cranberry scones, and orange ricotta loaf cake. Each was wonderful-moist, buttery, fresh. The manager came out to let me know how to warm up the sticky toffee pudding (cake), but since I make it at home, I knew.-it was very good! My husband liked the cranberry scones buttery-ness. The orange cake was fresh and moist, even two days after purchase. We didn't have the breakfast sandwiches, but plan to try them next year. The dining room looked nice. I don't think it had a window that opened, which would be good if we ate there.