All reviews nautical theme bocce court bagels room was clean new building full length mirror breakfast meat great location short walk each morning cadillac mountain breakfast included plenty of parking beautiful hotel rocking chairs acadia national park a wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019

We stayed at the Inn in April for college visits with out daughter. Room was clean and comfy. Walking distance to downtown. Free Breakfast included (eggs/bacon or sausage/waffles/pancakes) was a bonus. Would stay here again, if my daughter chooses one of the colleges we visited.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2019

Options are limited in March, but I'd stay here again at other times of the year too. Everything is clean and update It was wonderfully quiet in our room on the 4th floor. The people there are friendly, always asking how everything is, and not intrusive.They seem happy to get you whatever you need (like hot sauce for eggs - real eggs!) Breakfast is heartier than advertised and more than just your typical continental offerings. Home baked, freshly made muffins! The community room is cheerful and comfortable. As others have commented there are some areas for improvement (parking spots small, it would be great to have a variety of pillows as the really puffy ones are just not for me), but any negatives are super small by comparison to great value, overall terrific service and experience, great location in town. A great stay!

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

From the moment I booked the room over the phone with the manager Cathy from the day we left I couldn’t have been more pleased! We had the pleasure of staying here recently for 7 nights. The Inn is beautiful, very tastefully decorated with much thought given to every detail. It’s nautical themed and so eloquently done. Brandon at the front desk is superb, very helpful and accommodating. Cathy is truly one of a kind! I’ve never in all my travels had a manger or a hotel go out of their way to purchase a lemon for me just because I inquired that’s what I put in my hot tea. However, they did!!! Cathy even cut it up for me and gave me an electric kettle to take back to my room with me. They were warm inviting and treated me like I was family. We had such a great stay in BH, and enjoyed the amenities of the Inn very much. Even had a chance to play a few games of pool downstairs. The beds are pillows are very comfortable. The view is amazing and very clean! I’ve traveled all across the US and Europe, without a doubt this was hands down the best place I’ve ever stayed. It’s within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Cathy and Brandon,Thank you so much for your hospitality and genuine warmth. You have a beautiful Inn and take pride in what you do and it shows. Will we come back? Of course! Would I even think of staying somewhere else when doing so? Not a chance. :)

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2019

Your lodging choices are limited in March...but your dollars will be well spent at the Inn on Mt. Desert in Bar Harbor. Relatively new building, close to the town center and easy walking distance to the waterfront. My room (Mansell) was on the 4th floor (as requested). Clean room, very comfortable bed, excellent shower and quiet. Breakfast was really good: fresh bagels and scrambled eggs (unlike frozen at most other places). Most impressive was the owner doing the breakfast cooking...and with a broken arm I might ad. I'd certainly stay here again...

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Options are limited in March, but the price is right for this little gem. Breakfast is good. Beds are as good as they come. There’s a nine foot pool table in the basement. I’m not sure I’d want to be here in the summer when it’s busy... might feel tight and way too busy.
The only drawback is the Mitsubishi heat pumps in the bedrooms. If you’re a light sleeper the low incessant noise could creat a long night. But their frequency in Maine in the winter is just going to continue... so... well....
There’s that.