“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Every staff member we spoke to was very helpful and courteous. Joel at check-in gave us lots of tips on where to eat lobster and we were able to check-in early. Fresh cookie every afternoon were delicious. Mary, in the breakfast room was very accommodating and gave us tips on the morning hike we wanted to take in Acadia.The woman at the desk for checkout also spent time giving us advice. The friendliness of the staff was exceptional in my experience and was much appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JaneK473, Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I so appreciate your taking the time to write a review for us and I am truly happy that you experienced exceptional customer service. Joel and Mary along with the rest of the staff cares very much how your stay with us goes and we all want you to enjoy every aspect of your vacation. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you! Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I feel like I am going to write the same review as everyone else, but I believe that my experience was the the same as everyone else. The property was clean and quiet. The lobby was small but welcoming. The breakfast was great. The ladies in the breakfast room were sooo helpful, they really went above and beyond to make sure that your time in the area was well spent. The one lady made sure you had a plan for the day and that you knew where you were going. Even though the park was closed during our stay, we were told where to drive to make sure that we could walk into the park. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We never tire of hearing how much our guests enjoy their stay. I am happy that you didn't let that stop you from sharing your experience. Please stay with us again and enjoy the changes we have planned to make over the winter. Best wishes, Jane
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Best Western was great value for money when we went in mid-October. The staff was unfailingly courteous and the lady in charge of breakfast was very knowledgeable about the environs. the king room that we rented was pretty standard. The wi-fi connection was up-to-speed. The breakfast was so-so, but there was a lot of choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JaneK473, Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for acknowledging what a good value staying at the BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn was for you. We appreciate your review and comments. I do hope that you will stay again in 2014 to experience the new continental breakfast room and menu changes. Regards, Jane
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've found Best Western to be a reliable option in other places, and this one is described as being very close to the park entrance, so I stayed here for a visit to Acadia National Park. I was very pleased with my stay. Because of the federal government shutdown, the park was closed, and the hotel was less busy than usual during foliage season. The person at registration noted that I had requested a quiet room and moved me to a building in back where there were the fewest people. In fact, for most of my stay, I appeared to be the only person in that building, which was perfect for quiet sleep. The room was clean and well furnished, the towels were thick enough, the tub drained well -- everything worked as expected. The location is indeed very convenient for getting into the park or driving anywhere on the island. It was a good value, and I would definitely stay there again if/when I return to Acadia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve7P
I am very pleased that we were able to provide you with lodging that proved to be a solid value! That is wonderful to hear, along with the other lovely comments you made in regards to your stay. I do hope you will be able to return again and spend more time exploring MDI and Bar Harbor. and Acadia National Park . Thank you. very much for this review. Regards, Jane
Milford, NH, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful. Fairly expensive, but we were very happy. Loved the cookies and popcorn. Nice quiet rooms, comfy beds, very clean. Might have been happier if closer to town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Mariette F
JaneK473, Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We thank you for staying with us when there were so many options open to you. Regards, Jane
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We trust Best Western to be clean and comfortable, with well-trained staff. This hotel is outside of town, and I expected a quiet night. Although the hotel wasn't crowded, they filled the room next to us, and noise from that room kept me awake most of the night. That group then left very early in the morning, so I lost most of a night's rest. That being said, we met some of the loveliest staff at this hotel, and they more than made up for the lack of sleep. The complimentary breakfast is served in a small restaurant on the grounds, and was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JaneK473, Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am so happy that you were pleased with the staff and amenities. I am sorry, however, that you had a noisy neighbor who kept you from sleeping well. Whenever we become aware of such issues we deal with them immediately. Please stay with us again and give us another chance to give you a great nights sleep. Regards, Jane
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I arrived in Portland, Maine and drove a rental car up toward Bar Harbor. The plane arrived in the late afternoon and I knew I would be arriving after dark at the Best Western Acadia Park Inn.

I walked into the lobby sometime after 9PM, very tired and cramped from the 3-1/2 hour drive. The lobby was lit up and warm and the desk clerk was very friendly. My room was near the laundry building and a short walk to the building where the hotel hosts a free continental breakfast for its guests.

Aside from the flat-screen television, the décor of the room was a little dated but it was clean and inviting to a very tired traveler and provided all of the standard amenities (and then some) one expects from Best Western: soap, shampoo, lotion, coffee maker with coffee, sugar and creamer (real half & half!), a microwave, mini-fridge and even a small safe. I'm happy with just a clean room and my wants are few (except for the coffee part), so all these extras of half & half, a microwave and a mini-fridge were bonuses for me. Also provided in-room were maps and guides for the Bar Harbor and Mt. Desert Island area.

I only stayed one night at this hotel and checked out the next morning. Because I am a photographer and was ready to hit the road, I did not stay for their continental breakfast. Checkout was easy and the desk clerk (a different one from the previous night) was very friendly.

The hotel itself is a little less than 3 miles north of the Hulls Cove entrance to Acadia National Park, and a little less than 6 miles from the town of Bar Harbor. While there are a number of hotels, motels, and rental cabins between Ellsworth and Bar Harbor, I’d chosen the Best Western Acadia Park Inn because of all the other good reviews it had on Trip Advisor, and my choice was a good one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RebeccaL2
I am pleased that you took the time to write such a fantastic review for our BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn. To be referred to as a “nice clean and friendly place to stay” is awesome. It is nice to know that the "half & half", make-up remover wipes, etc. and other small amenities we place in the rooms are noticed and appreciated. Thank you for sharing a few pictures of your room with others on line. It sounds like you are one busy photographer. Because Acadia National Park is such a beautiful place and a photographers dream, you need to plan on staying at least a week with us next season! Thank you! Jane