“Quaint and one of the friendliest places in Bar Harbor!! ”
Review of West End Drug

West End Drug
Ranked #12 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

A must place to visit!!! Take a break from the hustle and enjoy hometown food and friendly ambience . The OLD fashion soda fountain is a must see. Enjoy the best FRAPPEs in town. One place that will remind you of your childhood. The kind of place you can find most everything you need and the staff is ever so helpful and friendly. I will visit the store/lunch counter every chance I get!! KUDOS

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking to be greeted with a friendly smile at a soda fountain - forget about getting that here. A family member and I sat down at the soda fountain. No greeting whatsoever. The man totally ignored us as he dried fountain glasses and waited on 2 other customers that arrived after we had taken our seats on the stools. We were FINALLY helped by a young lady who was not enthusiastic about her job at all. I wanted to laugh out loud when the man working behind the counter thanked her for helping us. He said that he had not seen us. I do not believe that statement at all because he had looked at us directly as he picked up other glasses to dry. I did leave a tip of $1 for the young lady - not to reward her - it was out of sympathy for her. If you are from out of town be kind to yourself and spend your money elsewhere. There are many friendly businesses in Bar Harbor but this is not one of them.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

We saw thay there was a soda fountain in this drug store and were excited about getting a milk shake. Was even more excited when I saw they had coffee ice cream. When I asked for a coffee milkshake the young lady servicing the counter told me they were about to close so she wouldn't make one. I asked what time they closed (it wasn't even 4:30) and she just said they were closing soon!?
I have no interest in spending my money at a business with rude workers who are too lazy to wipe down a piece of equptment when a customer asks for an item that should be served with a smile until the door is locked.

Mike G, Manager at West End Drug, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

I am so sorry that you did not have a positive experience at our soda fountain. Unfortunately this summer we have had difficulties staffing our soda fountain past 4:30 and it sounds like you came in on one of those days. We try our best to serve everyone who comes to our counter for that old time feel and handmade sodas & frappes but sometimes we do not have enough staff to provide the experience. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I prefer fountain drinks and was looking for one when my husband noticed the signage at West End Drug. It was like stepping back in time. A lovely young lady made me a Diet Pepsi with lime to go FROM SCRATCH, yes from SCRATCH. OMG, it was so good. I enjoyed it to the very last drop. If you are in Bar Harbor, you must try it. They have many, many different flavors so the combinations are endless!

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Had so much fun (and too much soda) sitting at the counter of the West End Drug Co. old fashioned soda fountain. My husband and I mixed flavors and sipped and laughed with the friendly servers behind the counter (for several hours in only a few days). They have floats, frappes, ice cream sodas and more flavors than I could have imagined making into drinks. Love the atmosphere and the people. They are open year-round. We will be back and maybe before spring.