Inn at Bay Ledge
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$205
$199
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$175
Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$143
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$199
$219
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
BestWestern.com
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$289
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$209
$179
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
$269
Hotwire.com
All reviewsprivate beachsummer cottagemoose cottagerocky beachsea glassacadia national parkgarden roomwonderful hostsback porchthe main houseevery morninglow tidequichelobster boatsbreakfast is servedadirondack chairsgranola
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This B&B was the final stop of my fall color trip of New England, and it perfectly ended a lovely trip. Everything on this property is purposefully and beautifully done. If you think, I wish I had a "_____" right there, guess what, it's right there! From the chairs at the end of the walk to the location of the glasses in the bedroom, everything is exactly where it should be. This makes the place feel like "your place" rather than belonging to someone else. The natural beauty is evident everywhere, and it is complimented by the fantastic linens, antiques, and furniture. If you are looking for an incredibly restful place to stay that makes you feel like a million bucks, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A National Registry Inn that did NOT disappoint. The Innkeeper's Jack and Jeanne are two of the most hospitble people i've met. We stayed 3 nights in the Moose Cottage and it was quaint, clean, serene with lush linens and great breakfast fare. Jeanne does the cooking while Jack entertains the guests. Pearl the Labradoodle greets all the guests with a friendly tail tag. The beach is privately accessible to guests and Cleopatra's Eye is a spectacular thing to see in the early morning/evening. I wish I could rate this lovely place higher!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The spectacular view from our room (#8) greeted us every morning when we woke up. Alternatively you can relax on the room’s large private deck complete with push button/automated sun canopy and comfy chairs. Both provided wonderful opportunities for rest and reflection. The location was perfect, just a few minutes from the gate of Acadia but outside of town and away from the parking issues, noise and crowds that is downtown Bar Harbor. Yet getting to town was just a short drive. The room was large, the king sized bed was comfortable with its feather down mattress topper. The innkeepers were even kind enough to provide fragrance-free bedding/towels which, believe me, can make or break a vacation when you’re asthmatic. The staff was incredibly helpful in finding good restaurants. They were also helpful in suggesting alternatives to Acadia given that we were visiting during the government shutdown and the Park was closed for some of the week we were there. On a non-Acadia day we recommend hiking out to Indian Point; a beautiful stroll through the forest where you can really absorb the silence and take in the beauty of the local ecosystem. Also, drive into Acadia in the middle of the night. We saw an amazing array of wildlife that hides during the day including porcupine. As for the B&B, the only shortcoming (if you can even call it that) are the breakfasts which we found to be lovely to look at and quite tasty yet very small in overall quantity; not nearly large enough for my husband nor did they contain enough ‘stick to your ribs’ choices. We found that almost every day we had to seek out ‘second breakfast’ at one of the local eateries which was not entirely a bad thing. The B&B’s grounds are nearly as lovely as the interior. Just a quick stroll across the back lawn and you’re at a comfortable granite outcropping with a bench and a wide view of the water. Take the stairs down to the private beach at low tide to search for sea glass and smell the salt air. Overall I would have no problem recommending this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Room #8 provides the best view.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our first time at Inn at Bay Ledge. I booked a cottage for Columbus weekend for my husband as a birthday gift. The minute I arrived, I knew that I had made a great choice. The staff was very friendly and informative, pointing out points of interest on a map that was given to us when we arrived. The cottages and rooms were beautiful and very clean and comfortable. (Extremely important as I have issues with cleanliness). Everything was top notch from the rooms and staff to the wonderful breakfast served each morning. The owners were such gracious hosts. My husband and I really enjoyed speaking with Jack and after scouring their beautiful beach for sea glass each morning, I enjoyed sharing what I found with Jeanie and Lucia who have now turned me into a sea glass collector!! Loved everything about my stay!!! We can't wait to go back once it reopens in May 2014.

Room Tip: I stayed in the cottages and was very comfortable. I looked around the rooms at the main house and they were equally as nice as mine. You can't miss!!
1  Thank Toni R
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This b&b has everything you could ask for. Perfect location on the bay and only a ten minute (or less) drive into downtown Ba Ha Ba. Owners Jack and Jeanie are extremely welcoming and offered an abundance of information and resources on the area/things to do/restaurants/etc. so we could make the most of our trip. The b&b is very clean and well taken care of. Our room was spacious and private. We can't wait to visit again!