All reviews cadillac room private bath breakfasts were great front porch carriage house quiche walking distance first floor enjoyed our stay cookies tub savory downtown bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019

My family and I went to this place. Everything is walking distance. Like Cj's Icecream were I recommend to try the Maine Blueberry ice cream. The breakfast was amazing and couldn't have been more happy with the breakfast. Fresh blueberry pancakes and grilled peaches.

Room tip: I would say that the rooms in the house next to B&B are great for families.
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Wonderful b&b in bar harbor. short walk into town, great base to explore acadia and bar harbor. delish breakfast in a beautiful little sun room. room was small but very comfortable. would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the Elmhurst Inn. Cheryl was a wonderful hostess with lots of good suggestions on what to do. We stayed in the Cadillac Mountain Room which was the only room on the first floor. It also had a King Size bed. Other rooms seemed to have steep steps to get to them. We recommend this room. As a bonus there was a small sitting room perfect for reading and relaxing in. The breakfasts were great with several choices to choose from. It was also within walking distance to the heart of Bar Harbor but its location was very quiet.

Room tip: Cadillac Mountain Room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Our suite was in need of some renovations, especially the bathroom. The Inn was conveniently located for entering the park and walking to town. Breakfast was quite good. Not a great experince but not terrible either.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Overall the Inn was fine and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was not great. Unfortunately, we were told that the Inn had the most incredibly breakfast which was part of the reason we stayed there. My boys and I stayed in the bottom floor of the carriage house which for our purposes worked out nicely. The air quality and the lighting in our rooms was poor. The yard is great and has so much potential, such as putting in some type of fire-table to sit around in the evenings or hammocks to lay in during the day. In hindsight, I wish I looked into another B&B or hotel. Apparently, it's under new ownership so that may the issue. Either way, we still enjoyed Bar Harbor and Acadia.