All reviews cookies great hotel acadia national park indoor and outdoor pools mountain view business center clean hotel fitness center free shuttle the breakfast area complimentary breakfast island explorer laundry room fresh fruit oatmeal shuttle service spacious rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best hotel experience in 37 years coming to Acadia and Bar Harbor. Hotel is some 5 years old, is well-maintained with superbly trained staff who are welcoming, helpful and friendly, A bit more expensive than other Bar Harbor hotels, but worth the difference.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is relatively new and very clean and well maintained. Great ocean views from our 4th floor room. Fitness center was OK, but could use more equipment choices. Complimentary buffet breakfast each day was excellent. Staff was very helpful. The mattresses are in need of replacement as they are a bit lumpy and sagging on sides. Pillows were entirely too soft. We would have enjoyed a decent sitting chair in the room. We wish this hotel didn’t have the typical Hampton Inn decor which is not appealing.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m so embarrassed I paid $482 for a 1 night disappointing stay. I decided to splurge for our final day in Maine by treating myself and my husband to a room with a balcony and ocean views. I was really looking forward to it.

The balcony overlooked the parking lot. The bar on the glass protective siding perfectly blocked the ocean view from the 2nd floor If you sat in the chairs. My husband and I couldn’t stop laughing about that. Currently reading reviews now and the manager can claim market value all day, but that room was not worth $482 a night. Not by a long shot. With the buses, and work trucks coming in and out of the parking lot, our balcony was unusable for a relaxing final night. The parking lot lights made seeing any kind of night sky an impossibility. Not that you’d want to sit out there anyway considering the noise.

I can not believe I paid a double rate to have the blinds closed all day and night. I am seriously so frustrated by this location and their ridiculous price gouge. Lesson learned.

And this hotel isn’t close enough to the downtown city shopping or restaurants to justify that price.

My biggest regret on this trip was not staying an additional night in the Ellsworth Hampton Inn. We had a view of a field there and it was way more peaceful. On our way home from our vacation, all we can seem to talk about is how disappointed we are by Hampton Inn.

Room was clean and staff was kind, though!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here last year and came back because of the atmosphere and staff.
When traveling for work I always stay in Hampton Inns and this is by far my favorite one. This year I would like to recognize Joie and Katelyn. I had engaged with them numerous times during our stay and they are so pleasant and helpful.
The room staff are so friendly as well and keep the hotels very clean.
We look forward to stay there again next year.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a newish property built in 2015. It is clean, well maintained and offers wonderful views of the ocean if you have the right room location. The free morning breakfast buffet is excellent. The fitness center was good, but could have better equipment.

We found the beds to be much too soft and uncomfortable for a good sleep. Perhaps it’s time to replace the mattresses. The staff was very helpful.

This is quite expensive for a Hampton Inn, but that’s the norm in today’s Bar Harbor, unless you stay at one of the many traditional 1960s era motels.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple