“Good Service, above average food”
Review of Portside Grill - CLOSED

Portside Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are very sad to report that Portside Grill was destroyed by fire on Tuesday September 2, 2014. Fortunately nobody was injured in the fire. We will be closed for the remainder of the 2014 season. Thank you to all our loyal customers and to the many travelers who joined us over the last eight years.
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Good Service, above average food”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I chose the Portside to have my first Maine Lobster of the vacation... it was 'ok'...certainly the smallest lobster I've ever been served. My wife had the baked haddock that was very good. I'm usually hesitant to eat in a place where the maître'd is standing at the door ... like they are hoping someone will come in, but the Portside is a well-known establishment and we are glad we took the recommendation.

Mansfield, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I loved eating here, and they had great service! We hate it when we only see the waiter once or twice and they never refill your drink that you paid extra for. Definitely not the case here! Everyone was very friendly and the food was great! The live music was fun, too! :)

1 Thank Lindsay W
FtWayne
“Good food and drinks at reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I stopped in here one afternoon to rest our legs from a long day of shopping downtown Bar Harbor. Found out we were there during "happy hour" and the tap beers were $2 off until 6pm that included micro brews as well. What a deal, later we found out most everybody has happy hour in Maine. Anyway, we came back a couple days later for dinner. My wife had the lobster dinner and loved it. The waitress suggested I try the lobster macaroni and cheese, it was great. I wouldn't hesitate to order that again if I'm ever back in that area. It is not a real fancy place but appeared clean, the service was prompt, the waitresses and bartender were friendly and gave us tips on what to do in the area. Being a traveler on a budget, this place didn't hurt it. I think we got a great meal for the prices being charged.

portsidegrill, Owner at Portside Grill, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
We really appreciate our customers who take the time to share their experience at Portside Grill, so thank you! We are truly blessed to have a staff that puts so much care and effort into their jobs to ensure that every customer leaves feeling satisfied and well attended to.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good variety, reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had the Asian shrimp salad and the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese - innovative dishes that tasted good and were reasonably priced. Nice place.

Visited June 2014
Arusha, Tanzania
“Go for the fish & chips!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

During our visit to Bar Harbor, we stopped here. The staff and service were great! Although some of the staff were distracted by the World Cup match between Brazil and Germany which was on the TV, our food was served in good time- hot and delicious. The waitress recommended the fish and chips and when all was said and done, we agreed with her. The prices went well with our budget. We would definitely return another time

Visited July 2014