“Great food, weird waiter”
Review of Portside Grill - CLOSED

Portside Grill
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are very sad to report that Portside Grill was destroyed by fire on Tuesday September 2, 2014. Fortunately nobody was injured in the fire. We will be closed for the remainder of the 2014 season. Thank you to all our loyal customers and to the many travelers who joined us over the last eight years.
Holbrook, New York
“Great food, weird waiter”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The waiter at this restaurant seemed very weird. Hard to really say why we felt this. He seemed to be running, even though they weren't that busy and just seemed a little "out there"! We had the soup special, which was portabello mushroom with spinach and roasted garlic, it was delicious! For our entree, we both had Shrimp Carbonara, shrimp, peas, bacon and onions in a light cream sauce over linguine. The was a nice amount of shrimp in the dish and just the right amount of pasta. It was also delicious. It came with a side salad that had red onions, peas, tomatoes, craisins and lettuce. Overall, this was great dinner and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2013

“Great little find on Cottage Street”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the first dinner venue for my husband and I here in Bar Harbor. Great meal! The lobster Mac and cheese was excellent. The bar tender sure knew how to make a perfect martini too. Service was also very good. Highly recommend this quiet little gem.

portsidegrill, Owner at Portside Grill, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your meal! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.
“Seemed to be getting less for More this year”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have done two previous reviews of the Portside Grill. My husband and I are yearly visitors to Bar Harbor and we like to sample the seafood at more than one place. Our favorite restaurant in town is the West St. Cafe -- but, one day on our vacation (this year in early June) we decided to try the Portside Grill since we have been happy with their food in the past. It was the dinner hour and there were tables available. In June, there is definitely a good chance that you will not have to wait to be seated at any of the places in town -- since the season doesn't really get going strong until later in the month. Thw hostess left us for a moment with the menus and we looked for our favorite choices. I was going to order the broiled haddock with crumb topping that I have enjoyed in previous visits. When I looked at the menu -- it seemed to say that the $17.99 entree was served a la cart --and that the side dishes were $1.99 for the mixed vegetables and and $2.29 for the mashed potatoes. When I had this dish last year the vegetables and potatoes came with the entree. Now, it seemed to me that I would be paying about $23.00 for that same dish because I'd have to buy the side dishes separately. At that moment, my husband and I looked at one another and decided to leave and head back to our favorite place on West St. where the fries and cole slaw (and all the other side dishes) are equally delicious -- and are included in the price of the meal. Sorry, Portside, I would have liked the haddock -- but not at that price. I know its vacation time and not a time to count pennies -- but when you can get food that is just as good, or better, and at a fairer price -- that "other place" will win every time.

Visited June 2013
portsidegrill, Owner at Portside Grill, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
All of our entrees come with a choice of potato and the vegetable of the day, except for the pasta dishes which come with a salad. Our Early Bird Lobster even comes with blueberry pie...we wish you had asked. Most of our prices are the same as last year and our reviewers still think we are a great value, which is what we have continued to strive for each year. We invite you back to see for yourself.
Decatur, Illinois
“Good food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had a delicious cheeseburger with mushrooms and my friend had seafood crepes. They came with potatoes and green beans. She really loved he crepes. I loved my burger, too. If I went back, I would definitely try the crepes. they looked very good. Everything looked delicious.

Visited July 2013
“Tasty food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is fine, service is fine and friendly. Food is great!!! Lobster and fish and chips are hard to mess up but it was hot and quick!