“Very Good Seafood--you will like it.”
Review of Portside Grill - CLOSED

Portside Grill
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are very sad to report that Portside Grill was destroyed by fire on Tuesday September 2, 2014. Fortunately nobody was injured in the fire. We will be closed for the remainder of the 2014 season. Thank you to all our loyal customers and to the many travelers who joined us over the last eight years.
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Portside Grill is located in the same spot that used to be the Island Chowder House. The Chwder House was one of our favorite places to eat in Bar Harbor. I loved the little model train that used to circle the restaurant on a track that was almost at ceiling height. The best thing there was the New England clam chowder--it was the BEST stuff! We'll it was hard to imagine that another restaurant could take its place. But the Portside Grill does a good job. The decor is a little different --and the train is gone--but the food is good (and thats the important thing). My husband had his favorite dish there --fried clams--and he wasn't disappointed. I also had one of my favorites--baked haddock. The fish couldn't have been more tender and flakey--or better prepared. The side veggies were good as were the mashed potatoes. Our waitress was efficent and friendly without intruding on our meal. Overall, it was a good dinner and a pleasant experience at the Portside Grill--I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it to friends.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

If you like fried clams, this is your place. Nothing fancy, but the clams are, in our opinion, as good as you can get. I'm sure other menu items are also excellent, but I just had to write about the clams.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We went for a late lunch/early dinner at about 3:45 after an early start at Acadia. They were serving lunch until 4, and one of the specials was 1 1/2 lb lobster, clam chowder, slaw, potato, and blueberry pie for........$21.95. Everything was great, so good after a bite of my pie my wife ordered one of the other deserts. Her meal was very good too.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Nice enough grill atmosphere but way overpriced. Food was average. The waitress was very nice and prompt.

1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We popped into the Portside Grill on a chilly gray day in Bar Harbor. Thank goodness we chose the Portside Grill! It was a warm & friendly place and the food was excellent! My husband had lobster and I had baked scallops - both were perfectly prepared. They had a children's menu and our son's burger was delicious too. The salads were good, clam chowder was good....we were so happy we chose this place for dinner and can't wait to go back!