I lucked out and went with my gut choosing this place. I went in shoulder season, so not at the height of the crowds in the area.
But the place is cute, clean, and the staff is helpful. The gal at the front is also smart--since we weren't full, she spaced us out so each of us had no neighbors. It's just a little no-tell motel, 6 miles from Bar Harbor, but was inexpensive, has a nice little pool for a dip. The downside is the same as for most motels: road noise. But I put on the fan and slept very well.
Shower only--no bathtub.
1 Queen bed in my room.
Fridge in room.
Cable TV, but no FOX Soccer. :(
Coffee in room.
WiFi is quicker than mine at home! lol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belle Isle Motel is centrally located on Mt. Desert Island. We are minutes away from many activities and points of interest. If you like a clean simple room, relaxing surroundings away from the hustle and bustle and want to receive personal service, please join us! We want you to enjoy your visit to Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor so we do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Belle Isle Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Isle Hotel Bar Harbor
- Belle Isle Motel Bar Harbor, Maine