“our honeymoon at Belle Isle we will be back”
Review of Belle Isle Motel

Belle Isle Motel
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed July 26, 2011

this motel you WILL NOT be disappointed our stay there was a wonderful experience out of any other place we have ever stayed at . The belle Isle staff was very friendly and very family oriented. their hospitality and generosity was unbelievable they made you feel like a part of their family The room was VERY well kept up and kept cleaned every day. Camille and Darren the owners of the motel treated you as though they knew you from years ago the landscaping there is beautiful the pool was like hopping in bath water it was all so nice, And our family and friends will know of how great our stay was while we were there and there they have very informational brochures in the office of several entertainment opportunities and places to eat , the continental breakfast was very good they offered every morning . I truely DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE because I felt as though I was leaving a part of me behind.They made sure that we had everything we needed. SO CAMILLE AND DARREN AND STAFF THANK YOU FOR OUR WONDERFUL STAY THERE . WE WILL BE BACK FOR SURE YOU ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE ED AND MARSHA

Room Tip: very friendly, rooms well kept, in ground pool, they kept you well supplied, very quiet area, very...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mvlucky

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I returned to Belle Isle only find out the hotel had new owners. Darren and Camille have done an outstanding job of taking care of Belle Isle Motel. They still serve coffee and pastries in the morning. Do not miss this! Darren has a lot of local knowledge, ask him for directions to some nice restaurants. Camille is complete sweetheart! My room was clean and well appointed for the price range. You can pay more at larger hotels but why would you? Belle Isle is a short drive to downtown Bar harbor. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and if you like ice cream, go to Udder Heaven. I will go back to Belle Isle on my next trip downeast!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank aa_rum32
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We needed two rooms for a weekend getaway with our 3 kids, ages 23, 20, and 18. All hotels in the area were charging high fees for just one night. We were able to get two rooms for two nights for what it would have cost us for 1 room for two nights. The motel is an older roadside motel but it is extremely clean and well kept. The present owners took over the property last August. We found them to be pleasant and very helpful. At one point, we were sitting under the trees and the owner sat down for awhile and chatted....

As I stated above, the motel had some age to it, but the paint was fresh, as was the carpets, bedding and bathroom. We had two rooms in the building that faced the road and we were told that those rooms were bigger than the other building. The rooms themselves were small and when we returned at night, we sat either out front of the room or next to the pool. The bathroom had no vanity counter, just a single, old fashioned sink. There really was little room in the bathroom to store any personal items. The room was equipped with only shampoo, soap and no hair dryer. It did however, have a larger dorm style fridge, which was nice.

They did have coffee in the morning that started at 8:00 am. We were off early rockclimbing and it would have been nice to have the coffee on earlier.... There was a small continental breakfast that consisted of fruit, pastries (fresh) and english muffins.... There was no room in the office to eat breakfast. Just grab and go. I understand that the owners are planning to build a new office which will be able to accommodate breakfast seating, which would be nice, seeing as the rooms themselves had no table and chairs due to the size of the rooms.

Would we stay here again? Yes. For the price, it was worth it. The hotel was only a few miles from downtown. We didn't go to Bar Harbor to sit in the hotel room.

Room Tip: Rooms along the roadside are larger from what I understand, but there is roadway noise unless you ha...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our experience wasn't as good as others who have reviewed Belle Isle. It's the kind of place I stayed with my family in the 60s when I was a kid. The rooms are small and clean but leave so much to be desired. The water in the bathroom would run for a minute and then stop. Eventually it would come back on for a few more minutes but standing in the shower with a head full of shampoo and no water wasn't fun. The wifi worked just about as well because it went in spurts but it only worked occasionally and ever so slowly if you stood right next to the wifi box behind the night table. It was a bit better on my iphone than the laptop. All in all, our experience was more like camping than staying in a hotel/motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flacka68
belleislemotel, Owner at Belle Isle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

We would like to acknowledge and apologize to this guest for the water issues that they experienced while staying at our motel. The weekend that they stayed with us we did have a water pressure tank that went bad. We immediately repaired the problem and it won't occur again.

We would invite anyone who reads this review to please call us with any questions or concerns that you have. Thank you.

Darren and Camille Taylor
(207)288-5726

Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband & I wanted to get away to a place close to Bar Harbor but away from the crowd. This was just what I had in mind for my birthday! The heated pool to ourselves in the afternoon, dinner in Bar Harbor and a quiet place for the night. This is a clean, comfortable place without the frills. I also must say I enjoyed the conversation with the owner Camille who is from Texas. (I am from Oklahoma). I would love to go back just to sit by the pool with some sweet tea & visit with her!

Room Tip: The beds were very comfortable & we appreciated the refridgerator in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deefowlie
Reviewed July 18, 2011

worth the money,very clean ,pool was very nice touch

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank thedipman
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This traditional motel is very well maintained and is a very good value, and in a great location not far from the Acadia entrance. The free continental breakfast had very nice fresh fruit, including, of course, blueberries. Although the room did not have a microwave, there is one available in the laundry house. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very clean. I understand that a few years ago, under different owners, the place had animals all over the place. No trace of that anymore. The owners are very sociable and helpful. If we ever return to the area, we would automatically book here

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple