“Great food with a great view”

La Bella Vita Ristorante
Ranked #42 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Great food with a great view”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

After a day exploring bar harbor we thought we would try the restaurant in our hotel, and we were more than happy with our choice. A great meal, overall we were all happy , helpful friendly staff overall and our server Dan was very knowledgable and helpful. The beautiful ocean view was absolutely gorgeous.

League City, Texas
“Satisfying!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

After walking the streets of Bar Harbor, my sister and I looked forward to a late lunch. I knew that this restaurant had a very good recommendation from AAA, so we stopped there to eat. No disappointment here. We ordered a green salad and a Classic Margherita pizza and shared both. The chef did an excellent job with the tasty salad, and the pizza was unlike any either of us had eaten before. Just bursting with wonderful flavors. The iced tea and the coffee were also very good. A few bites of the extra-yummy mousse, and we left with great memories of this meal. Fine service from our waiter, too. La Bella Vita is not available in our respective home cities, but we wish it were!

Because we ate mid-afternoon on a weekday, there were few customers in the restaurant. Therefore, I cannot comment on the policy regarding children.

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food;outstanding teamwork”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I wandered into this gem of a hotel restaurant with modest expectations and had a delightful experience. Ate at the bar and started with a challenge to the bartender to prepare a special non-alcoholic drink of his choice. Memorable for a number of reasons including his name - Gummy- he delivered a beautiful lemonade blueberry drink garnished with mint and his contagious smile! Gnocchi recommend by staff manager Colleen and brick oven pizza made with care by David - a really fun time! Not only did they attend to the food and their guests with care but they actually left me with the impression that they really enjoy their jobs - ! I was staying at a higher priced hotel in the same neighborhood and didn't want to return to it. No fun was being had by the staff at my hotel! I would not only happily return to this restaurant on my next trip, but would give the hotel a try and hope the service culture of the restaurant extends to the hotel! Highly recommend this little waterfront gem and it's restaurant staff - the best!

Boothbay Harbor, Maine
“Thanks to Tripadvisor Reviews”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We enjoyed a delightful lunch at this lovely restaurant. The food was delicious. My wife ordered the Veal Parm and I had the Rosemary Chicken we both cleaned our plates. We did however save room for the Blueberry Pie with Lemon Curd and Gelato. The food was enhanced by the amazing views from the outside eating area and although the day did not call for it, we understand the area can be heated. Lisa, the young woman who served our meal was extremely efficient and very pleasant even surprising us with an anniversary treat. We had not been to Bar Harbor in more than 50 years but if the Lord Oks a future visit, we will dine again at La Belle Vita.

“Amazing. ”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm 12 and you would think a fancy place like this wouldn't interest me, but I loved it! I personally picked it out for my birthday dinner and was not disappointed. Great food, view, atmosphere, service, what else is there to say? Our server, Alex, was very nice, and when I asked him for a suggestion on which food was better, he responded sincerely and I'm glad I ordered what I did (spaghetti and meatballs). Plus the dessert is even better. I recommend the creme brûlée. Being 12, I haven't tried many creme brûlées, but my parents said that it didn't look like any one they had ever seen. It was delicious, anyways. And I had lots of fun, too! Like when I asked my parents if you could eat coffee beans unroasted (there were a couple on my dessert) and they said no, so naturally, I ate it. Then I asked Alex if it was real cause it tasted really good and I was wondering if it was edible, and he said it was coated in chocolate and they weren't allowed to put anything on my plate that wasn't edible, so I ate the leaf that was also decoration on my dessert. :'D Good times, good times... Enough of me telling you about my experience, go have one yourself!!!

1 Thank Lydia S