“Thanks to Tripadvisor Reviews”

La Bella Vita Ristorante
Ranked #38 of 148 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
“Thanks to Tripadvisor Reviews”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We enjoyed a delightful lunch at this lovely restaurant. The food was delicious. My wife ordered the Veal Parm and I had the Rosemary Chicken we both cleaned our plates. We did however save room for the Blueberry Pie with Lemon Curd and Gelato. The food was enhanced by the amazing views from the outside eating area and although the day did not call for it, we understand the area can be heated. Lisa, the young woman who served our meal was extremely efficient and very pleasant even surprising us with an anniversary treat. We had not been to Bar Harbor in more than 50 years but if the Lord Oks a future visit, we will dine again at La Belle Vita.

“Amazing. ”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm 12 and you would think a fancy place like this wouldn't interest me, but I loved it! I personally picked it out for my birthday dinner and was not disappointed. Great food, view, atmosphere, service, what else is there to say? Our server, Alex, was very nice, and when I asked him for a suggestion on which food was better, he responded sincerely and I'm glad I ordered what I did (spaghetti and meatballs). Plus the dessert is even better. I recommend the creme brûlée. Being 12, I haven't tried many creme brûlées, but my parents said that it didn't look like any one they had ever seen. It was delicious, anyways. And I had lots of fun, too! Like when I asked my parents if you could eat coffee beans unroasted (there were a couple on my dessert) and they said no, so naturally, I ate it. Then I asked Alex if it was real cause it tasted really good and I was wondering if it was edible, and he said it was coated in chocolate and they weren't allowed to put anything on my plate that wasn't edible, so I ate the leaf that was also decoration on my dessert. :'D Good times, good times... Enough of me telling you about my experience, go have one yourself!!!

1 Thank Lydia S
“The view outshines the food at this restaurant”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We saw all of the rave reviews about this place so we decided to try it. We went there with our young daughters. The girls' brick oven pizza was good. They have an extensive wine list. The rest of our food was average at best. The surf and turf was very small for the price and the chicken picatta was over powered by onion and garlic flavors. Go for appetizers and wine to enjoy the view. Head somewhere else for dinner.

Blackstone, Massachusetts, United States
“You must dine here for Italian !!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I recently ate at La Bella Vita based upon the reviews from TripAdvisor. It was by far the best Italian food we have had, not only on vacation, but even coming in first over our favorite place back at home. We ate inside and didn't have to wait for a table. We were seated at 6:30 pm on a Wednesday. The basket of bread is served with marinara sauce and homemade ricotta. We devoured this and had to stop ourselves before our main course. My husband had the chicken parmigiana and I created my own pasta dish. The sauce was so delicious and the meatballs were incredible. Every part of our meal was terrific. The salad and red sangria were also top notch. If you want a great Italian dinner, eat here!

• Visited August 2014
“Great Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was in the area for a getaway weekend and enjoyed an evening at La Bella Vita for dinner with my boyfriend. We were immediately greeted at the entrance by a younger woman who was all smiles. I ordered the filet and it was cooked to perfection. The server was attentive and helpful with menu questions. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. I would definitely visit this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2014