“They just got it right”

La Bella Vita Ristorante
Ranked #38 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Saturday night, walked in a got a table with ease. Granted coming during the off season helps. They split a salad for us without an extra charge, our dinners were made to order without issue. The blueberry pie is fabulous and finished off just a wonderful dinner. Service is friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at the Harborside this summer for a week with my family. Excellent hotel and location. We ate out every night at one of the local downtown restaurants. All of which prepared delicious meals. On our last night we decided to try La Bella Vita at the hotel instead. The decor and ambiance are nice and the server was pleasant. That said La Bella Vita was BIG disappointment from appetizers through dinner. We ordered their "lobster knuckle and shrimp" scampi and a chilled seafood portofino platter shrimp, king crab and lobster tail. There were no "knuckles" in the scampi....not one. Even the waitress agreed. Maybe they forgot to add, never know. When the seafood plater arrived it was snow crab not king crab as stated on the menu. There's a difference and if a restaurant is charging for king but serving snow the server should let you know when ordering. For dinner the pizza was fine. We also ordered the rustic stew of coastal shellfish. Another complete disappointment. All three of the clams in the stew were not cooked long enough to open and were cold to the touch. Would have needed a shucking knife. By then we were done. Unacceptable for a restaurant like this to provide such poorly prepared or misrepresented food. Would go to one of the other restaurants in town which were much better.

1  Thank Sugarmama2
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant has a nice ambience, overlooking the harbor. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wonderful pasta, salads, chicken piccata. We really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We called to make a reservation; they took it; I called back 2 days before our planned dinner they did not have reservation, so I booked it again??? We got there the place was really nice, they did not ask our name but told us to go to bar to wait so we did order drinks; I decided after 2 drinks to go check on our reservation, since I saw tables; they told me they don't take reservations!! I went thru the whole story, No we don't take them you have to go on a wait list???? huh?? I was on a fun trip so I really wanted to leave..but we stayed waited sat at a bad table now with bar people hovering over us... when I specfically asked for a table outside! Bread was good ..food was just ok the place was pretty..and we did have a nice evening

1  Thank kingslane
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Breakfast. Great buffet. Good coffee. Attentive service. Much better than Great Maine Breakfast for about the same price.