“We'll be back”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Finback alehouse - unfortunately we only got to stop here for a beer. But it was delicious and the establishment was very unique. Wish we could have come back for dinner, maybe next time, Finback!

There are newer reviews for Finback Alehouse

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We sat there for 10 minutes before our waiter came to take our drink order, then we waited maybe 10 more minutes for him to bring our drinks after we did order. One person in the group ordered a hot cider which was luke warm . His name was Steve and he was not very helpful or nice. After waiting at least 20 minutes for our food, when it did arrive the fries on two of the orders were cold. The lobster/crab mac n cheese was very tasty, but unfortunately we had to wait through the horrible service to get to the good meal. Also, my friend had the Rueben minus the horribly cold fries the sandwich was good. When we asked for our bill it took another 10 minutes for him to remove it from our table and another 10 for him to bring it back. We felt like 2nd class citizens. I had drinks here the night before and sat at the bar. Scott was awesome, so when my friends came into town I decided we should try it for dinner since I saw the Mac N Cheese on the menu. I'm sure there are other places that have this on the menu and I would defiantly go there before walking into this place again. I've never had such poor service and half the food cold before. We paid a pretty penny and it should have been much better. I would say, go to another place and skip the Finback Alehouse!! Sorry, Scott you were awesome but unfortunately your coworkers including the lady at the door ruined our experience here.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been going to Finback Alehouse every time I make it out to Bar Harbor, and I've tried many different menu items. Everything that I've had has been outstanding! All of the food has been expertly prepared from locally produced meat and vegetables. The atmosphere is very relaxing. The restaurant is arranged in a very aesthetically pleasing way. Interacting with the staff is definitely a breath of fresh air, very genuine, friendly, helpful people. I couldn't be happier with choosing to eat at this restaurant whenever I get the opportunity!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a lovely lunch that rolled into late afternoon cocktails on a rainy day. The interior is really nice, all polished wood, we felt like we were on a boat while sitting at the bar. The island fish tacos were amazing, one of the top ones I have ever had: lots of fish, great flavor, good heat from jalapeños but not overwhelming. And the blueberry "lemonade" is top notch, it should be called the Maine mojito!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We loved the inside of this place The hand done woodwork is just lovely. We sat at the bar and had great service. Enjoyed chatting with the locals there. My husband had the cobb salad. The house smoked bacon in the salad was delicious. I had the amazing short rib grilled cheese. We enjoyed our visit there and will return next time we're in town.