“Foodie delight in Bar Harbor area!”
Review of Town Hill Bistro - CLOSED

Town Hill Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ok, so we tried the grilled romaine w/anchovy and poached shrimp for appetizers. Followed that with dinners of baked halibut and seared ocean scallops w/cous cous and lobster/lemon sauce. Followed that with the poached lemon cake. WOW.

Didn't leave a crumb, every dish was superb.

Cozy and warm vibes, with a hip bar and extensive wine list.

1  Thank AlbertAlberta2012

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just returned home from a wonderful dinner here! The scallops were the best I've ever had and my husband enjoyed the monk fish special. Everything was fresh and delicious! Be sure to make a reservation--we saw a few people turned away. They seem to stagger their reservations which results in very efficient service and hot food! The coffee was also excellent and strong! Don't miss this one!

1  Thank raisinggirls
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food, service and atmosphere here was fantastic........poached shrimp and gnocchi among better ever had......service was impeccable and being a bit outside of town made it even more enjoyable.....small so reservations a must but plenty of table room.....excellent selection of wines by glass......we'd put it even or slightly better than Reading Room and well ahead of Cafe This Way.......Would recommend to family, friends and business associates without any hesitation.

1  Thank ritzytopaz
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have been to this place a number of times, and the food has been a disappointment every time. When I see how highly it is rated here, and read the comments, I have to scratch my head in disbelief. It is really overrated. My wife and I were just there again, and this time resolved never to go back.

2  Thank VeazieMDI
Mamacook, Owner at Town Hill Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Wow. These customers were the grouchiest we have seen in years:) Our little place is not for everyone and it's sort of like you either get what we are trying to do or you don't. The menu changes daily according to what is available at the 5 farmers markets a week that we gather from. If I went to a restaurant "numerous" times and was always disappointed, that seems like a mistake on my part. Why would you expect to enjoy it on the third or fourth time if you didn't like it the first or second? Seems weird! I don't really like McDonalds but I don't keep going there to make sure I don't like it:) Our customers are super cool but every once in awhile there has to be a hater. It's just dinner people. We're just cookin and having a good time here!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We are so glad our B&B recommended this local favorite! It was by far our best meal in Bar Harbor. Great meal, wine list, atmosphere and of course, desserts! The lemon cake is definitely worth every bite!

3  Thank jpomexico