“Perfectly good, very cheap, convieniently located motel”
Review of Edenbrook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Edenbrook Motel
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We booked this motel as it was the cheapest non-camping accommodation within walking distance of Bar Harbor. Indeed, it was the cheapest motel we could find on Mt. Desert Island.

The rooms were very clean, and although not 'luxury' contained everything we needed: Cable T.V., full bathroom, coffee making facilities and a fridge. Our room also had a pleasant balcony that didn't face onto the car park.

It is conveniently located 15 minutes walk from Bar Harbor and one the way to the main Acadia park entrance. All in all, perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IanSudbery

Reviewed September 1, 2010

Stayed here 4th of July week. Very inexpensive rates. However, they are very clean I will give them that. It was a lot like staying in a place from the 50's. The room was adequate though. If you're looking for a place with a game room, exercise room, flat screen T.V's etc. Forget it. Also ice was impossible to find........had to buy it at the office (and they were closed when we needed it).If you stay here be very careful pulling into their parking lot, as it is very hard to find...they really need better signage for the entrance. Would I stay here again...yes.....if money is tight like it was this year. For Bar Harbor I would do it. It's worth it. The coffee maker in the room is a riot.....straight from the 50's -- go to a coffee shop.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawn1226
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel is quite nice, great value for the money and terrific location.
Biut here is the reason why i am putting this not good review:
I reserved this hotel about a month ahead of time. The person i spoke to was quite informative but instead of having any kind of confirmation email like most hotels do in 21st century, they send me a card. Then i needed to change dates of my reservation and spoke to a lady. I thought everything was set but when i called hotel on day of my arrival, turns out the lady screwed up everything and whole reservation was cancelled. Needless to say i was pretty upset as all of a sudden instead of having a relaxing evening in Bar Harbor, i had to scramble to find a hotel for the night. I drove to the office of this hotel to make sure i at least have a room for the folloing night. I was greeted by a guy in front desk (forget his name, I think starts with T) who seemed very strange. Was speaking very slowly, almost felt like he was smoking pot right before me. I asked if i could get some compensation / discount for the screw up, and he basically started telling me that it was not him who screwed up, he cant do anything, he cant buy my loyalty etc etc. Wrong thing to say Mr - this is purely business, you can absolutely buy my loyalty:)

So in nutshell, if you have no other choice, you can stay in this place, just make sure you triple check they still got your reservation. And if you have a choice that has same good location as this hotel, then i would avoid this place to be safe. Everyone can screw up, it happens, but most folks try to make amends and treat their customers right after they do screw up (not the case here).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Arkadiy
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We've been staying at Eden Brook for years and have been consistently happy. This year we discovered that they now have Wi-Fi. The facilities are a bit dated, but that's what keeps the rates so low. This is the third year that the rates have not increased. The owners are very nice and that makes it feel like going home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank CoriIzzy
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We spent 2 nights at the Edenbrook Motel and found it to be a clean, well kept facility. It offers accomodations away from the busy roadway and is only 5 minutes from downtown. The check-in clerk was very helpful and had no problem with us examining the room before paying. Like the last reviewer, we would suggest the owner provide computer access for guests.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We found the Edenbrook after having a horrific experience the night before at the Sea Breeze Motel. So scarred were we that, despite reading favorable reviews about the Edenbrook on TripAdvisor, we wouldn't even book a room until we inspected it first. the owner happily obliged, and we found the room to be basic but immaculate. The water, unlike the brown water at the Sea Breeze Motel down the street, was CRYSTAL CLEAR! Fancy that! In addition, there was a nice little balcony to sit out on that faced a quiet wooded area. We were very happy there. The only advice that I would give to the owner would be to perhaps think about getting a wireless internet connection - but other than that, this hotel is a great value!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I have visited Bar Harbor every summer for the past 5 years and love staying at the Edenbrook. It is a basic motel with everything I would need for my stay. There's nothing fancy or extravagant to the room, but it was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed in a room with 2 double beds in the third building off the road. For four 20 year olds, it was perfect! I couldn't get over how comfortable the bed was and how well I slept that night! For a very reasonable rate of 80 dollars plus taxes we got a room that supplied us with plenty of towels, coffee and tea right in the room, cable tv, heat and air conditioning (and suprisingly we needed the heat in july!) with a nice shower with good pressure. The bathroom was nicely cleaned and we liked the option of having a shower or bath. We stayed a total of three days, and the room was cleaned very promptly after we left in the morning.
The staff was very friendly and informative. I talked to the manager in the morning and he could tell me anything I wanted to know about the island. It looked as though it was a family business, because the maid that did our room was his daughter! She was very friendly and had some good recommendations for places to eat as well as an extremely good cleaner. Next summer I'll be sure to stay at Edenbrook, as I always do!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends