“Not bad for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Edenbrook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Edenbrook Motel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Bar Harbor hotels seem to be pretty expensive. This one wasn't too pricey and the location was good. Only a few minutes from shops and restaurants. Room was clean. Furniture very outdated, felt like I was visiting my grandma, but that was part of the homey feeling. They seem to be doing the best with what they have. No problems. Front staff was very nice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theglassrose

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Secaucus, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

You get what you paid for. It is hard to get a room under $100 during the July 4th weekend. The room is very basic, but surprisingly clean. The location is unbeatable--minutes to both bar harbor and park entrance. Since we get a room in Building 3, we were not annoyed by the road traffic. The staff is very nice and friendly. Because of the hurricane, the motel was out of power for the most of the day, so we have to change to another motel. We were able to check out one day earlier without any problem. Good choice for budget travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Min P
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family went on an 11 day road trip of New England and stayed in 7 different hotels during our trip. This was by far the worst hotel we stayed in. The hotel was was so bad in my opinion that at 2 AM when I awoke from a restless night sleep I started searching for a new hotel for the remainder of our stay. Below I will list the pros and cons of this hotel. We stayed in building 3.
PROS:
The price. Bar Harbor is very expensive, but Edenbrook is more affordable.
Location - it is near the harbor, I believe that building 4 even has a view of the harbor. The hotel is within walking distance of Bar Harbor. You are also close to the entrance of Acadia National Park.
Management - the 2 gentleman who checked us in and out were very friendly.
Free wi-fi.
Cute exterior. I liked how there were chairs on the front porch.

CONS:
The SMELL was awful. The room we stayed in smelled of a very old house that had mildew and mold in it. The smell was so bad that we went to a store and bought a can of Lysol to try to make it smell better. It did not work...
The feel of the room. The room felt so damp that as I lay awake in bed that night I literally was sticking to myself. The room was not hot, it was just damp...
The bed was a double bed and was extremely uncomfortable. I could feel every spring in the mattress.
The porch light. The porch light stays on all night long. We could not find a switch to turn it off. This would not be a problem except that the door has windows at the top that are not covered with a curtain. It felt like a spotlight shone on me all night. Yet another reason I received NO sleep that night.
Not very clean. Edenbrook was not very clean. I found 2-3 hairs in the tub and sink. There was a brown spot on the wall that looked like someone had smashed a big there, at least that is what I am hoping the stain was.. There was a pair of socks left from whoever stayed in the room last that was not cleaned.

I would not stay at Edenbrook again because it was just not for me and my family. I would rather drive a little and stay at a nicer hotel. I ended up booking a room in Ellsworth at the Hampton Inn. It was great and the drive to Acadia was not bad the week I was there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the location was great. The location was much better than some of the more expensive motels\hotels. The price was very reasonable, and we got far more than what we expected. Bar Harbor can be a pretty expensive town, so finding reasonably accommodations was really helpful for our budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Michelle K
Nassau County, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The location is excellent - 3 minutes (1.7 miles) from the Acadia Nat. Park Visitor's Center where you purchase the weekly vehicle pass, get brochures, and information. The price of room we got over Labor Day weekend was much lower than what I could find elsewhere (at least, online) for such a location.

We found the room (building no. 3) charming. The whole family, including the 2 children, loved the L-shaped room, with porch and chairs right in front, making it seem "like home" rather than the usual hotel room which tends to be rectangular. It was not luxurious or updated, but everything was very clean and we actually loved the quaintness of it all. You can pull your car right up in front of your "front stoop". We chose to save a little by not getting a room with a fridge, but it was fine - we used ice from the ice machine to keep our fruit, etc. chilled.

A tremendous plus was the free, very comfortable park shuttle bus which goes RIGHT by the side of the motel property and takes you into the village of Bar Harbor, with its beautiful little shops. After a certain hour the shuttle runs every 15 minutes (otherwise it runs every half an hour.) In the morning we took the shuttle into town to catch the 8:30 am whale watch and to walk across the sand bar at low tide to see Bar Island. (By the way, there's also a surprisingly good-sized grocery store (Hannaford) right in town at which we bought fruit and bread.)

The motel is right across College of the Atlantic (COA) which is the first stop of the shuttle coming from the village of Bar Harbor. We got off the shuttle there, went to a ranger-led program at the museum at COA, then walked just a couple of minutes back up to our motel room for a rest before driving out along Park Loop for about 20 minutes to see the sunset off of Cadillac Mtn.

We liked Building 3, which is away from traffic. We could even see a little of Frenchman's Bay from the porch, but if you want a better view of the water, you can pay a little more for a 2nd floor room in Building 4.

We paid about $40 LESS than similar internet-listed hotels/motels in the area for the same convenience and got a very clean, lovely motel room. It's simple, but suited us very well. With the money we saved, we felt comfortable spending money for the expensive whale watch.

Room Tip: Maybe I would try not to stay in Building One which is right on Rte. 3.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CFamily123
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed here for over 20 years, from when building 4 was in construction. Always clean and neat. When we are here it is like we are home. Thank You... Estelle, Todd, Glenn.
See you soon ! Rich White

Room Tip: Not Now They Might Take Our Favorite Room !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rwhite5856
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were struggling to find a place in Bar Harbor on July 4th this year but this one came for rescue as they had availability. Its very old fashioned motel but very clean and neat. You will get nice coffee and free wi fi which was very helpful since my cell phone data was not available at Acadia national park. This place is almost inside the Acadia national park. Mount cadillac drive is just 2-3 minutes away from back of the motel. Try going here before July 1st and you will end up saving a lot!

Room Tip: Try going here before July 1st and you will end up saving a lot!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family