“Great day of climbing”

Atlantic Climbing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Bangkok, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day of climbing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I came to the area and wanted to do some climbing. I didn't know anyone else in Acadia who climbs, so I hired a half-day guide. It was a great time--based on my climbing skill level and interests, my guide took me to some pretty secluded areas. At times when the guide was trad lead climbing ahead of me and was out of sight as I was belaying, I had wonderful views without a single human in sight. My guide also tailored the morning to things I was interested in learning: some anchoring basics and some crack climbing. Lots of fun!

Visited July 2013

Lexington, North Carolina
“What an unforgetable day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

A buddy and myself signed up for an 8hour climbing instruction. Turns out Eli, the owner of the company, took us out for the day. We climbed three different places! Eli not only taught us a lot of safe and fun ways to climb, but also taught us tons of cool stuff about Bar Harbor and the state of Maine! This was the most unforgettable day we had in Maine. Great climbing, breathtaking views, and the coolest guide ever! Totally worth it...I'm from North Carolina, and will be going back without a doubt!

Aurora, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Excellent Day at Otter Cliffs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Bar Harbor for the day on a cruise and booked a half day trip with Atlantic Climbing School. Hanna our guide was the best. I cannot give her enough praise. She was a pleasure to spend the day with and made us feel safe and secure. This was only our second time climbing, but their tours would be great for beginners or advanced climbers. They provide all the necessary equipment, so there's no problem if you do not have your own. I highly recommend ACS and would gladly tour with them again in the future.

Visited September 2013
Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Extremely professional, Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I cannot say enough positive things about Atlantic Climbing School. My wife and I have both climbed and rapelled in the past, although minimally. Our instructor, Dane Sterba, made us feel comfortable from the time that we arrived at the office until the time we took our harnesses off. He was polite and treated us as if we were the only thing that mattered, aside from safety. He should be praised for his customer service as he truly made us feel welcome and showed interest in us, our climbing experience, and our goals for the day.The climbs were challenging and beyond beautiful. We went to Otter Cliffs, climbed chimney rock as well as two other climbs. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. I would recommend Atlantic Climbing School to anyone looking for adventure. They are a professional organization that cares about their customers and safety. It was an amazing day and I can't wait to climb again.

Portland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wow....unique climbing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have some experience climbing, but not much...ACS took that into account and planned the trip accordingly..went to Otter ledges(?) and did some challenging routes...staff was very friendly and helpful. Never climbed over water before, so this was something different which was cool. Would def love to spend time down in acadia climbing around. worth it!