“Excellent Day at Otter Cliffs”

Atlantic Climbing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Bar Harbor for the day on a cruise and booked a half day trip with Atlantic Climbing School. Hanna our guide was the best. I cannot give her enough praise. She was a pleasure to spend the day with and made us feel safe and secure. This was only our second time climbing, but their tours would be great for beginners or advanced climbers. They provide all the necessary equipment, so there's no problem if you do not have your own. I highly recommend ACS and would gladly tour with them again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Climbing School

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I cannot say enough positive things about Atlantic Climbing School. My wife and I have both climbed and rapelled in the past, although minimally. Our instructor, Dane Sterba, made us feel comfortable from the time that we arrived at the office until the time we took our harnesses off. He was polite and treated us as if we were the only thing that mattered, aside from safety. He should be praised for his customer service as he truly made us feel welcome and showed interest in us, our climbing experience, and our goals for the day.The climbs were challenging and beyond beautiful. We went to Otter Cliffs, climbed chimney rock as well as two other climbs. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. I would recommend Atlantic Climbing School to anyone looking for adventure. They are a professional organization that cares about their customers and safety. It was an amazing day and I can't wait to climb again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have some experience climbing, but not much...ACS took that into account and planned the trip accordingly..went to Otter ledges(?) and did some challenging routes...staff was very friendly and helpful. Never climbed over water before, so this was something different which was cool. Would def love to spend time down in acadia climbing around. worth it!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 1/2 day trip and had an amazing time. We had never climbed before and wanted a new challenge. ACS accomodated our need to change climbing day which we really appreciated. Dane was our guide, he was knowledgable, safe, fun and very calm. He made rock climbing seem easy. When I had trouble with something he challenged me. I was about to give up at one point but his faith that I could do it kept me going. So glad I did, the views from Otter Cliffs were awesome. We would not hesitate to use Atlantic Climbing school again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Thanks to Atlantic Climbing School and especially to my guide Grant for an amazing day! I have never truly been climbing before and Grant worked with me at my own pace. I highly recommend booking a full day. We were able to climb both Otter Cliffs and the South Bubble. After 7 pitches I am totally stoked to climb again, and will not hesitate to go with these guys in the future! Highly recommended.