“Fantastic Experience!”

Atlantic Climbing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our family of four spent a morning climbing Otter Cliffs. Dane was a terrific guide - friendly, knowledgeable, and fun. Everything was ready to go at our 8am start time. Highly recommend these guys if you're looking for a high value climbing adventure.

1  Thank DadandFamily
"skill level"
in 6 reviews
"fantastic guide"
in 5 reviews
"in acadia national park"
in 13 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 11 reviews
"great head"
"explained everything"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I just got back from a wet, cold, windy awesome time rock climbing. It was my first time. Even though it was raining Hanna my instructor was great. She answered all my questions with confidence and i felt safe And secure the whole trip!! We started on an easier climb and then, she moved me to other climbs (5 in total ). Each got a little more difficult. I got the chance to climb straight up one wall, up corners, and in cracks. Hanna let me climb on my own and if she saw I was struggling, she would tell me where I could move my feet or hands. The experience was a lot better then I expected. I could not have asked for a better time !!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just finished climbing with Hannah and the trip is as good as everyone says it is. We climbed at Otter Cliffs at the groove and the chimney. The trip starts with a quick drive to the park and then a safety review then it was off to the cliff. My wife went first and repelled down then it was time to climb back up the 65 feet. It was quiet a challenge and caused some minor bleeding and bruising but well worth it for the sense of accomplishment. Hannah was very supportive and encouraging and always safety conscious. The rest of the time was spent at the chimney which was very different and fun, hard as well. If you are looking to have an adventure you won't be sorry.

1  Thank vacationisfun_8
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I absolutely loved this! My husband and 9 year old daughter had an amazing time. Our guide was fantastic overall and ecspecially with our daughter who has a slight fear of heights. With support from our guide she mustered up the courage to climb the Chimney. In addition, my husband and I were challenged which is what we wanted. Great experience!

2  Thank LaurenDe
See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I participated in the Single Pitch Instructor class and assessment. Our instructor, Eli Simon, was professional, knowledgable and a ton of fun to be around. The material is often technical and Eli conveyed the information flawlessly and everyone caught on right away. His instructional capabilities deserve awards. I understand that he also helps train the other guides. If you are considering taking any of the ACS classes offered, don't hesitate. These guys are guides of the absolute highest standard.

I can't say enough good things about my experience with the class I participated in. Thanks ACS!!

1  Thank Daniel L