“Butter for Miles”

Atlantic Climbing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had been climbing before in gyms, but when Eli took us out to Otter Cliffs it was a whole new experience. He picked the right climbs so that we had a physical and mental challenge, but was there to provide advice and encouragement whenever we needed it. The setting was unbeatable, and the pictures raised a few eyebrows with my friends. Whenever I'm trading stories about the outdoors, Eli's enthusiasm always seems to pop up and get a few laughs. Whether you've climbed before or not you're sure to have a good time.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

These guys took our group of beginner to intermediate climbers to the cliffs and made sure each of us had enough of a challenge to make it worthwhile, but also that we weren't completely above our heads. They were really fun and encouraging and were willing to tailor our trip to what we wanted to do. I highly recommend Atlantic Climbing School.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Having never been rock climbing before, I was initially skeptical about hanging off the cliffs above the sea in Maine. However, I went with some friends and family and was soon having a blast. Our guide, Eli Simon, knew just how to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. You quickly realize that the guide can offer as much help as you want, letting you conquer the routes by yourself, or if you hit a tricky spot, get some assistance from the top. If you're looking for fun and excitement, this is a must!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our guide was all of the above and then some. This is a a great outfit and I highly recommend them. Climbing Otter Cliffs is simply awesome,

I have climbed before and felt completely at ease and safe with our guide. Not only did he challenge me and allow me to take on some more difficult routes, he encourage and supported my wife, who was scared out of her mind.

Bring your camera, because your friends and family won't believe you when you tell them what you did on vacation.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was one of the best things I have ever done! Scary but fun! Our guide was amazing! We went on 4 different climbs, each one a little more difficult than the next. Would definitely go back and climb with them again!
I highly recommend this amazing experience!