“I need a word that can top AWESOME!”

Atlantic Climbing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Reviewed September 24, 2011

A+++. Kudos Atlantic Climbing School, you really are phenomenal -- organized, professional, and quite frankly, rad. I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. I did a half day climb with Pete and met Eli as well -- these guys know what they are doing. Top notch guides, truly committed to their company and their clients. An absolutely awesome experience. If you don't take the opportunity to climb in Acadia with the Atlantic Climbing School, you're really missing out!

Thanks guys!

1  Thank Constance B

Reviewed September 9, 2011

My fiance & I went climbing as a celebration activity for getting engaged :). Ian was our instructor & he was so great! I was really nervous, but he instantly made me feel comfortable & at ease. He clearly explained how everything worked & what we would be doing & assured me I would have both a safe & fun time. Which I did! I am so proud of myself for giving it a try & would encourage everyone to do so too! Just ask for Ian :)!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We took our third trip with Eli Simon's team this summer and the whole family had a blast. Parents, don't worry: they take safety very, very seriously. You will be taking a bigger risk driving on Highway 3 getting into the park than you will climbing Acadia's granite with Atlantic Climbing School.
Rock climbing in Acadia is really rewarding. And if you do the walls at Otter Cliffs, you will have the extra excitement of the waves pounding beneath you. Sure, you can hike the routes everyone else does, or you can climb up and really see the park. This is well worth a day if you are visiting Acadia. Our children are 7 and 9 and they thought it was great, but it is not for the fearful or nervous of heights child. Though once they conquer their worries, they are on top of the world!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

This was our first time rock climbing for any of us. Our guide was Nate and we could not have asked for a better guide. He was GREAT with our two girls. Our oldest was very hesitant about climiand he talked to her and she did make the climb. Our youngest - she's now hooked on rock climbing and requested a second trip the same week! She absolutely loved it! If you're thinking about going, GO! You will have a blast, they are great with children!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our extended family of 8 from ages 5-50 equally enjoyed the climbs set up by the personable, knowledgeable, and kind guides: Sam and Ryan.
We can't thank them enough for making this event the highlight of our week long trip to Maine.

1  Thank ShellyBNyc