“Inexpensive average hotel”
Review of Robbins Motel

Robbins Motel
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is small hotel just up the road from Acadia. The place is dated with paneling in the rooms and old metal keys for the doors. It has a surprising number of units for the limited space that it occupies, so parking is very limited - 1 car per unit, with assigned spots. Room 26 had a peculiar design with several thresholds to step over as you enter the room or step up into the shower. The room is small with few furnishing, it had a bed, older TV and two patio-styled chairs. There was no self-serve ice machine but the front desk will provide you with limited quantities of ice for a small cooler. Also no breakfast or other amenities. Still, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. It had everything you need for as a place to crash after visiting Acadia National Park & Bar Harbor. It was a good, budget-friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is separate from the office building. The office building has two floors and yo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shawn P

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted to visit Acadia National Park after graduating from College. We were traveling on a budget, so we chose to stay at the Robbins Motel just outside of Bar Harbor (5 miles outside of downtown Bar Harbor, about a 10 minute, straight-shot drive). Robbins Motel was the cheapest place to stay we could find in the area, so we were a little skeptical coming in; however, we were very pleasantly surprised with the motel. Our room and bathroom were very clean. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful - they directed us to the closest park entrance, helped us find a taxi into town when we had car trouble, and lent us a wine bottle opener. Wifi and coffee in the morning are complimentary. The only complaint we had was that when we asked to check out later than 10am because we were waiting for our car to be looked at by a mechanic, we were going to be charged more than an extra night's stay. It should be noted that the rooms only contain one double bed.

Overall, we would definitely recommend this motel to anyone traveling on a budget!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kmp1314
Reviewed July 1, 2014

nice place friendly staff. this a very good value for the money for bar harbor. this is my second time staying there and I don't go to bar harbor/Acadia national park to hang around a hotel. just need a place to shower and sleep. the bed is comfortable and the water in the shower is hot with plenty of pressure. only complaint I have is john Wayne in the bathroom but that's just about anywhere nowadays.

Room Tip: if you just need a clean place to sleep and shower this is the place the rooms are kept clean but ne...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SteveCairoWV
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

After opening the door to my room it felt like I went back 25 years in time. Everything was significantly out of date, but I must say... It was clean and for 48$/night after taxes it's hard to complain if you are a budget minded traveller! It met all my basic needs for a reasonable price.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frenchmonkeys
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I read the reviews and knew I was getting a very basic room and it was very basic. The problem I had was the allergic reaction to what I could only think was mildew or dust somewhere in the room. I think it was the Air conditioner because I flipped down the front panel to see if they cleaned the dust screen and found no dust screen. The cooling fins were coated in thick damp dust and dirt which was being recirculated back into the room. Another thing I had a problem with is was the 2 pancakes we had for pillows, I ended up going to Walmart and buying a $5 pillow. Everything else was adequate but it would of been nice to have a small fridge or something to put ice in. Also the curtains in the room are white and thin so it gets quite bright when the sun comes up.

Room Tip: Check your Air conditioner to see if its clean and bring a pillow. A small cooler would help if you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jonvei
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the Robbins for three nights and it may be my fault for expecting a little more, given the cheap price. The room was basically a queen bed and a bathroom with a sliding door. The room was pretty run down with paneling and rugs in tough shape. The good thing is that we only used the room for sleeping and it didn't get in the way of our travelling around. It just would have been nicer to have a better maintained room to go "home" to.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank kjk727
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We book a 3 night stay at the Robbins Motel and based on the reviews we thought we were getting a great deal. Our room is very plain which was fine. We only were sleeping in it. When we arrived we checked in and the staff were very helpful. We opened our room door to this extreme smell of must. As a person who suffers greatly from allergies and sever asthma I was unsure if we could stay. The room had such a strong musty smell I felt sick. We immediately opened our windows and had to spray my husband cologne and leave the room windows open for approx 6 hours before returning. The smell three days later is enough for us to pack it in and move to another area in the states. As I said the room is dirt cheap. $36 per night plus tax but I will not be staying here again. We put our house keeping sign on the door 3 days and no one came until day 3. When they did the made our bed and gave us new towels. They did not clean the room at all or change the garbage. We were sadly disappointed by our stay. My suggestion would be to ask and see the room and see if it stinks as bad as ours did before taking the key and paying!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends