“I just don't get it.”

Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Somersworth, New Hampshire
“I just don't get it.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

So, these are my thoughts on this motel. First off, I had no idea what I was getting into because I trusted someone else to look for and book this room. Not something I would have nor will I ever do again. I was completely blindsided as it was. Usually I love your little quaint family owned businesses, but the young woman behind the desk was not the friendliest person I have met lately. When you say free WiFi I don't expect to be looked at like I have 16 heads and then get told well you have to walk around to find a signal, really. So no amenities with this place means exactly that, I am surprised it had toilet paper. Just my opinion, and so true with you get what you pay for. If you want cheap and that is all you care about then this is your place. It is always a good thing to research. With all that being said, I would like to say Bar Harbor is a beautiful little town, which I will visit again.

Room Tip: Research, research and research. If it says no amenities believe it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Debbie R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed August 5, 2013

No frills here but it's only 4 miles from Bar Harbor and all the attractions. During high season, hotels in this neck of the woods are sky high....but Robbins maintains its $65 a night for two and that is that!! No coffee pot, no fridge, no microwave and you have to get ice from the front desk. No problem. I often rate a hotel on the quality of its towels and these were the thickest and snowiest ever. Would recommend and would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 55ReenieAnne55
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 and based on that experience, returned in July 2013. While the motel is convenient to Acadia and Bar Harbor, and the staff is friendly, there was a clear drop in quality this year following the change in ownership. The rooms are small and work if all you need to do is sleep at the end of the day. They just aren't as clean as they used to be. The bed linens in our rooms weren't changed every day, nor were the trash cans emptied, the floors vacuumed, or the surfaces dusted. We did receive fresh towels every day, but they were placed on the bedspread instead of in the bathroom towel rack, which seemed like it would have been a cleaner option.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better Wi-Fi access than others. If you will need to use the Internet, ask for a ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed one night at this motel in Bar Harbor. This motel consists of a group of trailer type buildings. While the room was clean and very inexpensive for the area, it was a bit too rustic for my liking. It is located on a busy road and road noise can be heard at all hours. In addition, the bed is hard and only two limp pillows are provided. I probably will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelmaniacFlorida
MONTOURSVILLE
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I understand the reason why so many are giving this motel rave reviews. It's cheap, the people are friendly, and it gets you a nights rest. The room itself seemed clean. It had a "campy" feel. It served it's purpose. The bed was comfortable however, the pillows that were in the room were flat. The first night was hell, but the second night I went to the office and they gave me a few extra pillows which helped. We had room 6 and you all but need a step stool to get into the tub. Thankfully there was a handlebar on the side to help hoist myself in and out safely. All in all it was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DSRN99
Rowley, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This motel exceeded my expectations. The help was friendly and professional. The rooms were clean and serviceable. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Just going up to ME on a whim and without reservations, I felt very fortunate to have found such a nice place. I'd go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Herb G
Oak Ride, NJ
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We drove in w/o reservations on Tuesday evening - drove up and down Rt 3 looking for the right spot to try - Sign said $69 per night for 2. They had a few rooms (we took one for our teenage son too) and bunked down. All we wanted was a place to shower and sleep while we explored Acadia etc. It was perfect, clean and run by friendly people. We had rooms #1 & 2 so we were closest to the road but it didn't bother us and the cheerful Caribbean music from the pirate golf next door lulled us to sleep each night:) Bar Harbor lobster pound is right next door too so we enjoyed take out lobster in the room on paper plates! Bed was very firm (maybe too firm). Free coffee in the office after 8AM was perfectly satisfactory. For July, it was in the 60's and then 80's by the end of the week - A/C, heat and nice hot or cool showers were all perfect. We launched each day on a new adventure and were happy to return and crash in the evenings - central location made it nice to get to all parts of the island conveniently. Would give 5 stars but this is not a high class joint, just a comfortable place to stay and very clean - They do need to do a better job with the WiFi though, especially if they advertise it as free - we couldn't use it even outside so we "borrowed" it from elsewhere with a little crafty inquiring to obtain the password ;)

Room Tip: Parking lot is cramped and rooms are radially spaced around it - I would think there are no best roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family