TripAdvisor
Bar Harbor
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the cottages full kitchen coffee maker and toaster dish towels acadia national park cleaned every day stall shower owners are great hot shower acadia and bar harbor small tv our honeymoon desert island comfortable stay king size bed visiting acadia owners and staff
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2019

Very close to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor.. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in cabin #11. It was beautifully decorated and clean. The owners are great people who love what they do and continually work to make your stay feel like home.

Room tip: One and two bedroom cabins available
Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed October 14, 2018

This place is on the way into Bar Harbor. Maybe 2 miles before you reach city center (give or take). The cottages were built in the 1930's and have been renovated while maintaining the original charm and authenticity. The couple that owns & operates the place have been doing so for the last 20 years or so. They raised their family there and chose to do so for the lifestyle. This is not a commercial resort or hotel. This is the real deal when it comes to a Maine cabin vacation! They give just enough hospitality and service to ensure you are completely taken care of and happy while also giving enough distance to allow you to relax and maintain the privacy one would expect in a cabin atmosphere. Our rate was way better than the less desirable options coming into Bar Harbor and mush, much better than in Bar Harbor itself. Clean, nice, and cozy. Perfect. I can't say enough good about the place or its owners and staff. This is a new destination for us for a long time to come.

Room tip: $59 cabin good 1/2 nighter spending days exploring. Otherwise, slightly higher priced upgrades are well worth it. Ask to view the cabins.
Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 13, 2018

The road between the cabins is little (OK - very) rough, but overall this place was just what we wanted. Close to Acadia and a reasonable price (for Bar Harbor), The cabin we got was perfect for us. It seemed to have been recently updated and was very comfortable.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I've been let down on trips before. It happens. Not long after I got off the phone with owner and manager, Mr. Stuart, (having had a very pleasant and enjoyable conversation) my life experience forced me to suppress the initial gut feeling that our stay on the northern end of Mount Desert Island was going to be legendary. After having been alive for thirty-six years, I've been to a lot of places, and I am relieved that I can confidently declare that A. My last two weeks of vacation at Hinckely's have been some of the best days of my life, and B. That Hinckley's is a great way to experience both Acadia National Park AND Bar Harbor because both the town and the entrance to the park are less than ten minutes away by car. The cabin interiors were clean and well-maintained, if you love woodland animals there's the occasional chipmunk scurrying here and there, the area is always nice and shady even on sunny days, there's a pool if you have kids, a nice movie collection in the office, and the manager is probably one of the finest individuals I've had the privilege of doing business with. Thank you! We will be back!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Great value for an awesome locally owned and operated place. Cozy cottages set in the woods but still in a central location and close to the action! Friendly host and owners. We loved Cabin 14. There’s a fire pit available for use which was a bonus.