“Very good smoothies”
Review of CJ's Big Dipper

CJ's Big Dipper
Ranked #33 of 71 things to do in Bar Harbor
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I didn't try the ice cream (though my friend swore it was the best cookies and cream he's had) but I stopped here almost every day for a smoothie while on vacation. The raspberry banana was the best IMO! The service and environment was on par with most average ice cream shops. The service was good too. If you're passing by try a smoothie ;)

There are newer reviews for CJ's Big Dipper

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I came to CJ's after a bad experience at a different ice cream shop in town. I had the Maine sea salt carmel ice cream and it was delish. Reasonably priced, lots of flavors to choose from including some low fat/fat free/sugar free options along with gelato. Would recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

After trying mount desert ice cream this is nothing special

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We went to cjs tonIght and were severely
Disappointed. We first noticed that the servers were handling cash (which is all they accept.. Ps its 2012) and then not using a paper towel to handle the cones ... Disgusting. We ordered blueberry soft serve and a vanilla chocolate twist. The man came back with a blueberry twist. We politely informed him it was chocolate and he said we don't have chocolate and tried to give me the blueberry..at this point we walked out. Never again. I advise you stay away too.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

This place used to be good until we went and ordered a kids size of Oreo Cookie ice cream and my 2 year old son started chomping on something that turned out to be small shards of broken plastic spoon. He had already taken 5 other bites and we watched this pass in his stool over the next few days. Not sure what damage it has done to his insides but I would beware of this place. The poor attitude of the 16 year old clueless server was "you want another scoop?". Unbelievable and scary and I will be reporting this to the Bar Harbor Health Department. If you want to have to pick through your ice cream before eating it, go ahead be my guest!