Acadia Pines Motel
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$175
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$199
Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$143
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
BestWestern.com
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$199
$219
Orbitz.com
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$289
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$209
$179
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
$269
Hotwire.com
All reviewsminiature golf coursemainely meatsfire pitroom was cleancoffee potshort drive to downtown bar harborheated poolrecent trip to bar harborwould stay againconvenient locationstayed one nightking roomthe wi fihot waterfree busminute drivenational park
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed here for 4 night to visit Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. The outside of the motel is all redone but the inside is very dated. The room itself was very clean but the beds were very worn and uncomfortable. The owner told me they own it for 4 years and are working on redoing the entire place. Apparently bedding is coming soon since there were more pressing issues like a new roof, windows ect. Anyway the small kitchenette we had was adequate to make breakfast and lunch but I am not sure about making dinner since we went out for that every night. The pool is great and the location was fine for what we had planned. I doubt I would stay here again because of the bedding although everything else was fine.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Just came back from spending 4 nights, 3 full days up in Bar Harbor (July 6-10). This road trip was a last minute mini vacay for me and my mom. I didn't do too much research, I saw some good reviews on this motel on Trip Advisor and just called them up and booked it. For $89 we got a standard Queen size room. I love the location of it--it is only 5 minutes to the Visitors Center in Acadia National Park and 10 minutes to downtown Bar Harbor. The motel is right across from a mini-golf course on the left side when you come down into Mt. Desert Island on Route 3 and well-lit so you can find it at night.

The room itself is exactly as people here have noted--quiet, clean, and cozy. There is free wi-fi but it was spotty, and our room (number 4) was close to reception. Our room also didn't have the heat working but we were able to get a radiator for the night, which was sufficient, and the heat worked the next day (they fixed it). We only went there to sleep and didn't spent much time there otherwise, so for the price and location, I thought it was great. Housekeeping didn't do such a great job one of the nights we stayed but wasn't a big deal and otherwise the room was comfy and enough for 2 people.

I wouldn't recommend staying in the other two towns (Southwest and Northwest Harbors I think? I forget the names) because the drives are long into Bar Harbor...well they're not that long but when you're hungry and/or don't want to waste time, I thought they were long drives. Plus I didn't think there was much to see/do/eat in those areas. We always ended up going back to Bar Harbor to eat our meals. Great, cute town. Definitely recommend: Blueberry pancakes at Jordan's, lobster at West Inn Cafe, breakfast at Cafe This Way, blueberry soft serve at the ice cream store across the street from the park (forgot the name but they have great ice cream!!), lobster stew at Jordan Pond House (this is in the park, not to be confused with Jordan's in town). Definitely avoid: Havana's--incredibly overpriced for the quality and quantity of food you get. Definitely the worst meal we had. Other places we tried were ok: Gelways and Rupunini. Some places had early dinner specials so sometimes we ate dinner at 430-6, and then went back to the park. Definitely move your car after 2 hrs if you park btwn 10 and 6 in downtown Bar harbor, i saw cars with parking tickets. Parking was easy though, we always found another spot. There is also a 3 hr parking lot close to West Inn Cafe, but on the street of West Inn Cafe, there is unlimited time parking if you can get a spot (on the side street, not the main road. I think the street was called Roddick?). Pick up the "menu guide" when you go to the Visitor Center in Bar Harbor, it has a map of all the restaurants as well as menus. Also "Acadia Weekly" gives you the sunrise/sunset times and listings of activities, etc.

To catch the sunset, do NOT go to Cadillac Summit Parking Lot area. Go to the parking lot right before it--Blueberry Hill Parking Lot (I think that was the name, but it's literally like, 0.1 mile from the summit lot). Not sure if many people know this. You will have unobstructed view!

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank e26
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We called the Acadia Pines Motel after reading reviews by several people who had had pleasant stays at this Motel. The staff was very pleasant and helpful both on the phone and at the motel. The place was very moderately priced and was very clean and comfortable. The rooms are roomy and have plenty of bureau space and closet space. It looked like the owners had done a makeover and it was very tasteful. They gave us recommendations for local restaurants that turned out to be excellent choices.
Having a pleasant place to stay made our visit to Mt. Desert Island very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wobblymassachusetts
Reviewed September 10, 2008

There are so many options on Mt Desert Island that it can be overwhelming to decide where to stay. We wanted an inexpensive hotel, nothing fancy, but decent and clean. We spent most of our time hiking and exploring the park and island and just wanted a place to sleep that was convienant to the park and Bar Harbor. The Acadia Pines was a great choice. It was the least expensive place I was able to find online which made me suspicious. We paid only $87 per night the first week in August which is peak season rates. I was pleasantly surprised. It was one of the most attractive of the economical strip hotels being set back off of the highway a little and the grounds full of mature pines. I was surprised at how quiet it was. I was afraid with an inexpensive hotel that we might hear people in teh next rooms, but we didn't hear a thing - which was great. We closed our front window, but left the back window open and we heard no noise whatsoever. We did not use it, but we appreciated that there was a standard unit air conditioner with a fan to mask any parking lot/grounds noise which was negliable.

The rooms are nothing special. Very simple with retro furniture. Not overly spacious, but we did not feel crowded. The bathroom is small with very little counter space, but clean with a hair dryer and coffee maker. The bed wasn't great and not new, but was comfortable enough. TV with cable and a fridge in the room. We stayed in a Standar Queen room. The only negative to me was that all the room doors have a decorative window at the top which makes it possoble for anyone to walk by and step up to your door and look in. Not that anyone would, but it bothered me and didn't feel as private as I would have liked. We hung a towel over the window, but if privacy is s big issue for you, you might not like it.

They have a very nice heated pool surrounded by tall pines and private behind the hotel and not visible from the road. There are a few chairs outside and a couple of small shelters. We normally stay in Hamptons or Hiltons due to my husband's work and the free points he reveives from his stays there. This is no Hilton or Hampton, but is a great choice for those on a budget or just wanting to save money on their hotel costs. Staff was friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DORInd
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was during transition from low season to peak season so our price on the first night(June 30th) was cheaper than the last 2 nights. I like the motel overall.

Pros: 15-min drive to Acadia Nat'l Park, close to Bar Harbor(touristy town), cheap, very very clean, free internet(we couldn't get connected assuming that our room was too far from the router, the motel said other guests who stayed in the same room didn't have a problem), friendly service. Nice pool(we didn't use but it looks new and clean), lawns and tree lines between the road and the motel provide relaxing space and gives a sense of privacy.

Cons: there are only 1 restaurant nearby(walkable) and 1 breakfast place serving bagels mainly. Other than that you have to drive for at least 2-3 miles. Traffic can be heard from inside the room during the day. it got quiet at night though.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)