Because our reservations had been "lost" at another B&B, we stayed at the Thornhedge August 15, 2009. After a long day's drive we arrived at the Inn late afternoon, tired, hot and very much in need of a nice cool drink. When we asked where we could find the ice machine we were told "down the block at the filling station." The interior of the Inn needs updating. At the present time it conveys an impression of a museum and not of a B &B. The room was quite clean but quite hot. Even though our room was "guaranteed" and paid for in advance, the AC had not been turned on in order that our room be comfortable for our arrival. The bed linens, though adequate, had been in service for a long time. There was no hairdryer nor shampoo. The pillows were "flat" and "used". The floor was carpeted with pink shag carpeting. The tv was old and the choice of channels quite limited. Although the interior of the inn was well-kept the grounds were not. The gravel parking lot had debris scattered about and there were old tires propped up against the building. The plants in the planters were dead and the hedges were filled with weeds. The Inn is located in a central location within an easy walk of the shops and restos of Bar Harbor. The noise outside our room continued into the wee hours of the morning. If one keeps the AC on high, you can combat this. The room (with a 10% exchange rate) and a $10 discount from the owner, cost $158.00 Canadian. We did not partake of the continental breakfast, so we cannot give our opinion on this subject. There are many, many B&B's located in the vicinity which are much less expensive with more agreeable accoutrements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine