We just returned from our first visit to Maine and Bar Harbor and had a fantastic experience. Staying at Thornhedge Inn played a big role in making it such a memorable vacation. The Inn is very relaxing and gives you easy walking access to all the shopping and restaurants in Bar Harbor. We stayed in the Chatwold room on the main floor, which was probably the largest B&B room we've ever stayed in and was very comfortable. But the best feature of Thornhedge is the innkeeper, Andrew. First, with his Bar Harbor family roots, he has deep knowledge of the local area and Acadia National Park and can help you plan your days and personalize your vacation. Second, his breakfasts are simply killer. Absolutely delicious and gourmet without being over the top. Truly something to look forward to every morning. And the afternoon wine and snack time is a great touch and a good way to get to know your fellow guests and compare experiences after a fun day. Finally, he's just a good guy to talk to while you sit on the front porch with Ben, his dog and inn mascot. We'll definitely return to Thornhedge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine