We came here after a terrible experience at a bed and breakfast down the road. Andrew, the innkeeper, set us up with comfortable accomodations for our last two nights in town, despite being a walk in looking for a room that night and the next. Thornhedge is very spacious and relaxing with good size rooms that are kept clean. They serve a good continental breakfast, then wine and cheese in the early evening on the porch. They are knowledgeable about the happenings around town and the sights in Acadia National Park. Best of all, the innkeepers are easy to get along with, have a good sense of humor, and are laid back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine