Saltair Inn Waterfront B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quimby House Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
The Central House(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Morgan House Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)
  • Pool
Primrose Place(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
ANCHORAGE MOTEL(Bar Harbor)
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewsmaster suitematt kristibar islandsitting roomadirondack chairscottage roomlow tidewonderful hostsheated floorssand barchart roomacadia national parkfrenchman bayother guestsclaw foot tubgas fireplacewarm hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were married in New England 45 years ago and wanted a very special place to celebrate this milestone. We could not be more pleased. Our Acadia Suite was beautiful, comfortable and had a wonderful view of Frenchman Bay!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This couple welcomes you to their wonderful home. My husband and I returned after 20 years to the Acadia Park but really never needed to leave the Inn. Matt and Kristi are great hosts, we had one of suites and the view was amazing. The breakfasts were ummy ( the blueberry pancakes-OMG ), great conversation with interesting guests and even though many businesses closed for the season, Matt was able to steer us to a few great places for lunches/dinners and seasonally sales shopping.
Perfect weekend- Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulagabrault
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We've wanted to visit Bar Harbor in the winter for some years. Saltair Inn made it perfect. We were in the Acadia room. We'd go out enjoying the beauty of Acadia, them come back and sit by the fire place to warm up, then out again. Matt and Kristi are wonderful hosts, the inn is very well kept, rooms are clean. It's situated to enjoy the view of the bay but in walking distance of shops in town (if it weren't for all the snow!! :) Kristi's breakfasts are outstanding. You really have to visit them, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were there for about a week in the winter. A sitting room with a fireplace was wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Saltair Inn is our favorite place to stay in Bar Harbor. We have been staying here for years. We have come here to celebrate our engagement, marriage, and baby. The views are amazing! I am very picky about my beds and the Saltair never fails. I get wonderful sleep followed by a delicious breakfast! I would highly recommend it!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Druva
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here in Oct/Nov of 2012 for a long weekend. I chose this B&B because I wanted to wake up overlooking the water and this was the perfect spot. I stayed in the Harbor Suite and it was exactly what I wanted. It has two rooms (both with a fireplace and overlooking the water) and a gorgeous bathroom. Matt and Kristi are great hosts and I instantly felt like I was at home. Breakfasts cooked by Kristi are to die for. The house is located a short walk away from all the shops and restaurants. I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area. I hope to some day go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends