We recently stayed at the SaltAir Inn for three nights, and booked the master suite. From the moment we arrived, felt as if we were staying in our very good friend's house, even though we had just met Matt & Kristi.
The setting is perfect because you can walk to all of the shops & restaurants in Bar Harbor & you can retreat back to the Inn for peace & quiet.
Matt & Kristi truly love what they do, and it's evident from the fantastic breakfasts that were made for us, to the yummy afternoon treats. They are a wealth of knowledge about Bar Harbor & beyond and advised us accodingly. This isn't a formal B & B as some can be, this truly is a home. We met other guests which we really enjoyed.
Our suite was just perfect, from the over the top comfortable mattress & linens, jacuzzi tub, to the sitting room which looks out onto their beautiful backyard & surrounding ocean. The suite was cozy and was truly sad when we checked out.
I'm a tough cookie to impress, and the SaltAir Inn did without even having to try. Looking forward to going back next year for fall foliage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three blocks from the center of town, the Saltair Inn offers luxurious waterfront suites appointed with king-size beds, elegant private baths, multiple gas fireplaces, TV, and private sitting rooms overlooking the Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Saltair Inn Waterfront Bed And Breakfast
- Saltair Inn Waterfront Hotel Bar Harbor
- Saltair Inn Waterfront B&B Bar Harbor, Maine