Whenever I think about the Saltair Inn, I have a mental picture of sitting in the chairs on the front lawn and enjoying the view while relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine. Saltair is one of the nicest B&B's we've ever stayed in as we felt welcome from the moment we arrived on a Tuesday evening until we left on Friday morning. The restaurants that were recommended by the hosts, Matt and Kristi, were all great, especially Thurston's Lobster Pot.
There are 3 children in the home, so the hosts are busy involved parents, but they also do an excellent job of taking care of the house, serving great breakfasts, and socializing when needed. Yet, we had privacy and quiet even though our bedroom faced the street.
I made a suggestion to the owner that a hook on the back of the bathroom door would be helpful to hang my cosmetic bag and nightgown, but I said it wasn't necessary before we left. To my surprise, it was hung while we were gone that day. Much appreciated!
Coffee was ready at 7 am, and that's a plus for us as we enjoy our coffee early. Water, sodas, and snacks are also provided plus a small refrigerator for wine etc. The location is within walking distance to town where there is much to see and enjoy. It's especially nice when the big cruise ships aren't in the harbor, but the crowds were a minor inconvenience. The Acadia national park nearby provided some beautiful scenery and walking trails. Took Ollie's Trolley tour and glad we did as the guide gave us a good overview and told us some stories about beavers and other animals that we would never have known about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three blocks from the center of town, the Saltair Inn offers luxurious waterfront suites appointed with king-size beds, elegant private baths, multiple gas fireplaces, TV, and private sitting rooms overlooking the Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Saltair Inn Waterfront Bed And Breakfast
- Saltair Inn Waterfront Hotel Bar Harbor
- Saltair Inn Waterfront B&B Bar Harbor, Maine