“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Saltair Inn Waterfront B&B
Ranked #3 of 30 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just got back from 4 nights at the Saltair Inn. Matt and Kristi couldn't have been warmer and more helpful hosts. They helped us to find walks, hikes, and bike rides that suited both of us in Acadia National Park. We were fortunate enough to stay in the large Master suite which contained a jacuzzi in the bathroom as well as a large sitting area with soft, comfortable chairs in which we could relax, look at the water, and read after an enjoyable day in the outdoors. The breakfasts were delicious. There were little touches that made the experience enjoyable such as tasty homemade afternoon treats, chocolates on the hallway table, lip balm in the bathroom, and books containing comments and suggestions from other guests. Our room and the shared areas were immaculate. I highly recommend this inn and will book a room there again next time we go to Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed in the Cottage Room for three nights and felt right at home. Everything I needed was there. Matt and Kristi were wonderful hosts, and the breakfasts were a real treat. What a nice view, too. Loved the whole experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am a teenage girl and had never stayed in a Bed & Breakfast before, so I was a little apprehensive. Saltair Inn exceeded my expectations! The house is old (126 years) but still feels comfy and clean- and I am a germ freak so that is big for me. The breakfasts were super delicious but were served between 8-9, which was a little early for me. The hosts, Matt and Christy, were very knowledgable about the area and very friendly. They have an adorable dog and three younger kids, which you see occansionally. I would love to stay here again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelreviewsbyn
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I used to own a B&B and we have stayed at countless B&Bs through 40 years of marriage, so we know a bit about hospitality. Matt and kristi, the owners of Saltair, are among the most hospitable--may be the most hospitable--innkeepers we have ever encountered. They truly make you feel a part of their warm, friendly family--they have children--but they do so without compromising your sense of privacy. Their breakfasts are bountiful and creatively done, they are always available to provide helpful information, and the inn itself is a magnificent historic mansion that is ideally located--a water view to die for, away from the hubbub of Bar Harbor in the high season, but close enough for an easy walk. We can't imagine how you could make a better choice of accommodations in Bar Harbor!

1  Thank windatourbacks
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am staying at Saltair in Bar Harbor and am loving it. Even though we are here on a rainy day, it is nice to just stay in and curl up with a good book. The view from our room is magnificent....overlooking Frenchmens Bay. Our room is enormous with a separate sitting room, a huge bathroom with a footed tub, and a semi-private deck with lounge chairs. The innkeepers, Matt and Kristi couldn't be nicer. Our breakfasts have been delicious. Coffee, tea and soft drinks are available all day. And, Kristi puts out an afternoon snack. The first day it was chocolate covered strawberries, and yesterday it was double chocolate chip cookies that were scrumptious. The inn is on a large piece of waterfront property overlooking the bay. There is parking and it is just a short walk to down town on a very quiet street. I would definitely return here!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Harbor Suite on the 2nd floor which is quiet and has great views. I prefer being o...
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Saltair Inn is a beautiful old restored mansion. Our room had a modern, relaxing bathroom with a jetted tub which was enjoyable after hiking Acadia National Park during the day. The breakfasts were very good, a mixture of sweet and savory. The hosts were very friendly and knowledgable of the area. There was always a special treat waiting on the dining room table in the afternoon and a snack area with munchies and soda and water free for the taking. The back lawn leads to the beach and a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset. We walked down the beach and across the sandbar at low tide. You will need water shoes because it is rocky but very refreshing with great views of Bar Harbor from the island. It was a little pricey, but you can walk everywhere, including the Village Green to catch the free buses that take you to Acadia. If I were traveling this way again I would stay here!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a beautiful location and gracious hosts at this B & B. Friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Our stay went by quickly as we followed Matt & Kristi's tips on sights to see and places to eat. Breakfast was yummy, and warm cookies greeted us in the evening when we got back from our travels. I enjoyed the bay view in the backyard (along with the doe & two fawns in the shrubbery). Can't say a bad word about this experience.